Is there a Stock market replay software? (backtesting)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BoyPlunger323, Aug 18, 2019.

1. I'm searching for a software where i can replay the stock history. So that i can test my Day trading strategie. The only software i found is Tradingsim. It's actually the perfect software, but i miss OTC markt data there and it's necessary for me. Anyone know such a software? Paid or Free

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

3. it doesn't have stocks...

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The problem with manually backtesting an older date is that you still know what happened. I suggest you consider forward testing with live data like using the sterling trader pro simulator. Cost is about $65/month plus market data. If you like the software, we offer this for live trading.
    https://www.sterlingtradingtech.com/products-and-services/platforms/sterling-trading-simulator/

Overnight likes this.
  5. CharlesS

CharlesS

You could use a free general-purpose real-time screen video capture program like Open Broadcaster Software "OBS"
    https://obsproject.com/

Takes a little bit of time to get the hang of it, there are several video tutorials on the web, mostly at utube

On a mac at least, you can move the captured window and OBS to be mostly hidden on the screen, to enable use of other windows -- the computer screen does not have to be dedicated to capture of one window.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Yes, the software does. You just have to connect to a broker that supports trading stocks with NT software. Ninja is primarily a software-platform company, that only recently got into the brokerage business. (About 4 years ago). So while their brokerage may not offer stock trading, their software supports it with a broker like TD Ameritrade or IBKR that allows stock trading.

My broker only does futures, but in the software I can see the options to choose stock lists. It's "an empty function" for me, as it were, since my broker does not support stock trading.

7. 10_bagger

10_bagger

U should try “thinkorswim” on demand option. They allow u to replay any given day of a stock going back up to 10 years or so. U even have the option to choose the exact time u want to see replay in a given day and the ability to even pass forward or play the data 3x real time speed. I have been using this to back test my strategies for years and I absolutely love it.

Thinkorswim offer this service for free as long as u have an account open. I’m not affiliated with them in any way.

Handle123 and qlai like this.
  8. lindq

lindq

InvestorRT will play back. Linnsoft.com

9. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave has Replay Mode and full strategy backtesting, optimization, walk forward testing and reporting. You'd connect to any of our supported brokers or data service providers who cover stocks.

Optimus1Nifty11Option likes this.
  10. Do you provide the market replay for NSE, BSE India?

Please let us know if available, I would love to check the demo first.

#10     Aug 21, 2019