Is there a list of fixed income ETFs without 30% withholding taxes for non-US citizens?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Daal, Sep 21, 2018.

1. tax only apply to dividend but not the price raise of the etf itself right?

#11     Oct 1, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. taxed are only dividend and taxes will be deducted at your annual settlement between january to 14 february.

#12     Oct 1, 2018
  3. Cool, thats why i only play us tech stocks.

#13     Oct 1, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. nkass

nkass

Did you end up figuring it out with IB? As far as I can see this month IB has charged me the full 30% this month for AGG (which is on the list above)

#14     Mar 4, 2019
  5. Daal

Daal

No, at IB I'm just buying UST bonds

#15     Mar 6, 2019
  6. %%
    Me 2; not that I would want 100% no dividend stocks. But tech tend to be top trenders UP or down.I think you are right on only dividends taxed; unless you have a profit on non Roth a counts/back door Roth accounts.Cap gains tax in US tends to be lower anyway:cool::cool:

#16     Mar 6, 2019
  7. Daal

Daal

I have two brokers (not IB) that are withholding my dividends from IEF and SHY. I have contacted them explaining that ishares dividends on these securities represent interest are not liable to withholding. here is what they have answered me
    Centerpoint Securities -Vision Clearing
    "Good afternoon-

We will be reversing the NRA fees for the securities listed below and we are working on correcting it for the future.

Thank you"

Cobra Trading
    "
    After much discussion with our tax vendor (Wall Street Concepts) and our service providers, the conclusion we came upon is that we are both correct. The security should be withheld NRA withholding under the guidelines provided by the IRS Publication 515. However, this security does go through income reallocation after year-end which states that the NRA withholding should not apply to a certain percentage of the payments. Because this information does not come into WSC’s system until February of next year, we cannot provide any refunds to the client currently in order to stay compliant with IRS regulations. In addition, WSC has mentioned that not every withholding may be refunded 100% and we will need to wait for the income reallocation information to be transmitted to confirm this information."

So it looks that this is more or less solved if you contact your broker, we will see if they indeed pay me back next year

#17     Nov 27, 2019
  8. Cyrix

Cyrix

Thanks Obelixtrader for this fantastic list from iShares.

Does anyone have dividend exempt ETF lists from other large ETF providers such as Vanguard and SPDR?

Thanks.

#18     Aug 27, 2020
  9. this is for SPDR ETF
    https://www.ssga.com/library-conten...-documents/american-jobs-creation-act-qii.pdf
    Vanguard dont have this which means they witheld dividend tax also for Qualified interest income.
    Since i am clasified as a retail non-US i use closedendfunds as a replacement for US ETF

#19     Aug 27, 2020
    Cyrix likes this.
  10. Cyrix

Cyrix

#20     Aug 29, 2020