Is there a LEGAL way for foreigners to avoid paying taxes on stock dividends in US?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by crgarcia, Feb 10, 2009.

  1. Filling the W-8 form you still pay taxes, something like 30% of stock dividends?

    Is there a way around?
  2. CateFul


    What's your visa status?

    Declare closer relationship with another country to avoid taxes. Also check if there's tax treaty between you and the other country. Or open a brokerage account with your foreign ID & address.