Is there a good alternative to Quotetracker ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bullettrader, Jul 13, 2007.

1. If you are looking something practically for free. Than the answer is absolutely NO!!!!! ALthough if you are looking for somthing else.... http://www.elitetrader.com/so/

#11     Jul 21, 2007
  2. I've tried just about every trading platform out there. Ensign and Amibroker are the best I could find. I quit Ensign because once I configured Amibroker, I didn't need Ensign anymore.

BTW, I use Amibroker to successfully day-trade the US bond futures every day on a 1 minute bar. I don't see any floating window problems or too many unnecessary options. Strange point you make there.

#12     Jul 22, 2007
  3. If you want the best use CQG http://www.cqg.com/ No data issues, no lags.

If your trading leveraged futures, use the best, it will save you frustrations.

How ever if your just getting started and just trade a few hundred shares of some stock, skip it, just use QT,Ensign.

But when accuracy and precision entry and exit is a must, use CQG.

Here is a price list.

#13     Jul 22, 2007
  4. ToTrade

ToTrade

Maran looks good, but very buggy, and looks like it's in the early stages of development.

Amibroker looks very good except for a couple of features that don't work. If these are taken care of, then it should be a very good option.

Quotetracker looks pretty good for what it does. If it had a scripting language, then it would be pretty complete.

#14     Jul 22, 2007
  5. pjay72

pjay72

I've been using quotetracker since '99, it's the truth!!

pjay72

#15     Jul 22, 2007
  6. ToTrade

ToTrade

I decided to have a closer look at QuoteTracker, and I can tell you, I'm very impressed.

It does have a scripting language that you can do a heck of a lot with. It does not have the flexibility to do absolutely everything, but it would suite most people's needs.

According to the website, it is now owned by TD Ameritrade. Hopefully this means that it will be further enhanced to make up for any current limitations.

If one has a TD Ameritrade account, then the subscription is free.

#16     Jul 23, 2007
  7. WHat Features dont work. I use AB extensively.. Have programmed and adapted quite a few indicators that arent native to AB....

Even the Auto Trading interface works....

#17     Jul 23, 2007
  8. ToTrade

ToTrade

Take a monthly chart and draw an extending trendline that touches price at a few points. Switch the same chart down to weekly and then daily. Notice that the trendline does not touch price at the same points on the weekly and daily as it does on the monthly.

#18     Jul 23, 2007
  9. skytoast

skytoast

Drop $2K into a TD Ameritrade account (whether you trade it or not) and get Quotetracker lifetime subscription free. I never paid for it.. ever. I have used it (albeit with ads and only 2 day backfills), but then just happen to open it one day and find out that TD Ameritrade account holders get it free.

#19     Jul 23, 2007
  10. Have you tossed this issue out to the AB community?? Anything that has stumped me, these guys have a solution for....

#20     Jul 23, 2007