Is there a free, realtime charting package I can use with Scottrade?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by IronFist, Dec 29, 2006.

1. I like QT so far.

I want real-time quotes because I want to make an occasional day-trade. Last Friday I did this, making my first day trade, and lost $32 (after comission) on AMR. :eek: :D

Since I'm not a "pattern daytrader" I know I can only do this 4 times in a 5 day period, but since trades take 3 days to clear, and I only have about $10k in cash in my account right now, I can really only do this about once a week. This is probably good because a) I have a "real job" and b) it will keep me from blowing all my money out really quickly.

Of course, I watch, and see awesome setups and entry points all the time, but when I actually place a trade, I lose money (altho I was up 2 cents a share at one point, haha).

Anyway tho, QT is pretty cool so far, and I like it.

So is the "paying for data feed" thing only for if you don't have an account somewhere else? I just give my Scottrade info and it gives me a data feed for free...

#21     Jan 2, 2007
  2. jimmie57

jimmie57

Scottrade is LIVE feed !!
    You must have chosen the Scottrade that is delayed.

Go look again and you will see the live data entry.
    The line shows as " Scottrade Real-Time STREAMING ( Brokerage Accounts Only )

If you trade often and your account is not "Margined" then you must watch for the warning that says "You are about to get a Free Ride". If you buy a stock with the Free Ride, you can not sell it until the prevoius stock sale is settled.

I trade 8 different stocks. I buy small amounts and that way I have something I can always sell and some money to always buy with.

The "Bottom Indicators" on the charts are good to help time a trade.

I am sending you gif of a "Historical Chart" with the indicators I use. Please note that the Historical Charts are Live also. The Data changes as the stock proce changes.
    The chart I am sending is of a Truck company OSK.
    The chart has Bolinger Bands on the top,
    on the bottom is the RSI, SST, MACD and TMF indicators.

I am new to chart reading but this chart and indicators all tell me that this stock is going to go up.

For the live "Intraday Chart" I use only the RSI on the bottom and the Chalkin Pivot Points on the top for indicators.
    I use the 2 hour time span and 3 minutes intervals.

#22     Jan 2, 2007
  3. I did get the live feed. It matches my Scottrader quotes exactly. I was just wondering why people would register the program... like if it was to get a live feed for someone who doesn't have a real brokerage account.

Thanks very much for the input in this thread!

#23     Jan 3, 2007
  4. Adobian

Adobian

Wasn't there a news article about someone using Scottrade and his account got hacked and wiped out ?

#24     Jan 10, 2007