Is there a faster way to get economic reports than CNBC or Bloomberg Channels

Discussion in 'Trading' started by abe12345, May 14, 2008.

1. Anyone know of a free text based service?

#31     May 14, 2008
  2. News strike is a JOKE! Along with Hold Brothers!

The service is delayed.

Don't get me started.

#32     May 14, 2008
  3. Speaking as just a normal retail trader without any inside knowledge or connections, i.e. no secret handshake deals to get the news the day before like we all know happens, I am of the opinion that you really don't need the news. Keep in mind that I have traded right as the major 0730 CST reports are being released, riding the spikes, so this isn't an idle opinion. I've documented this here on elitetrader in my journal.

I used to have bloomberg radio up constantly just prior to reports and trade off of it, but I quickly learned that whatever trading decisions I made, I would have made anyway based on the chart pattern, S/R, and volume.

I don't care about the news anymore, other than to be aware of the time. Being aware of the time is very important.

Also be aware that this type of trading isn't for the faint of heart. You must be nimble. You must take profits quickly.

Trading the retracements, 15 - 30 minutes after a major market moving 0730 CST report is probably the best decision.

#33     May 15, 2008
  4. newsstrike from hold brothers, free and fast. read right off reuters and bloomberg term VoiP.

#34     May 15, 2008
  5. abe12345

abe12345

Thanks. I will check them out.

#35     May 15, 2008
  6. abe12345

abe12345

Thanks.

#36     May 15, 2008
  7. abe12345

abe12345

Thanks.

#37     May 15, 2008
  8. zdreg

zdreg

thanks.

in general i wonder how often computers crash or the program cannot be deleted after a trial version ends.
    perhaps a thread is needed to discuss this issue?

#38     May 15, 2008
  9. The official response is that they hire so good analysts that their forecasts are mostly right.

The conspiracy theory answer is that they hire companies to make their macroeconomic analysis.
    Most of this companies are owned, or at least have a close relationship, with top economic officials.

#39     May 20, 2008
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Some data is available in advance (sometimes far in advance) to paid subscribers. e.g., Michigan sentiment.

#40     May 20, 2008