Is there a cryptowallet site that lets you hold USD as well as cryptos?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Daal, May 23, 2017.

1. Daal

Daal

It just sounds retarded to be long these cryptos at all times, I'm looking to opportunistically trade them rather than become a true believer. Not much different than what one can do in a currency broker
    Is there a site like that?

2. just21

just21

You can keep dollars at the exchange. Alternatively, if you are not in the US then open a dollar bank account.

3. Daal

Daal

Which exchange lets you do that, I'm not seeing that option on Poloniex

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

dunno if Poloniex has the ability. I'm pretty sure Kraken does? In poloniex you can buy UST (us tether) which is a crypto backed by actual dollars.

5. Daal

Daal

"Tether Platform currencies are 100% backed by actual fiat currency assets in our reserve account". That's interesting but there is still a lot of risk there, they could be a ponzi, not be backing the coin with USDs, run away with the cash, be shutdown by governments due not having a banking license, be hacked, etc.

6. Daal

Daal

A big risk with this thing is that their bank account gets frozen when tax hungry governments get angry

7. just21

just21

www.bitstamp.net You transfer dollars to the exchange and only buy bitcoin when you want. When it comes time to sell them for dollars you can keep the dollars at the exchange or wire them to your dollar bank account.

Daal likes this.
  8. just21

just21

There are four tabs on the right on poloniex with a list of markets. There are markets in bitcoin, ethereum, dollars (usdt) and xmr. I guess you can keep dollars at the exchange until you are ready to trade.

9. Daal

Daal

Correct me if im wrong, I can do this that you just described or I can keep the money in Tether USD. Either way I'm taking the chance there will be fraud, either at the exchange or at the Tether USD company level so it seems that the risk is unavoidable

10. just21

just21

Only wire the money when you want to buy and wire it out immediately on sale.

#10     May 23, 2017