Is there a citizen trap in the US?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by AKUMATOTENSHI, Apr 1, 2011.

1. dis

dis

Paraphrasing Winston Churchill, America is the worst country in the world, except for all others.

#71     Oct 22, 2011
  2. mfoste1

mfoste1

moron.....the US banks launder all the dirty money. You gotta be a complete imbecile not to know that, or just a stupid america

#72     Oct 22, 2011
  3. Exactly, The House of the Hapsbergs still runs strong and the ever encroachment of that mentality is what I am tryin gto get away from. I grew up in a house that was heavily influenced by old European pedagogy and I am starting to see the same type influences being pushed on the citizens. No choice is allowed and free will is non existant. There will be an outright class distinction made in here in the states if the course does not change. The wealth condensation will bring it about and meritocracy will not have a chance to emerge. Keynesian economic models need to be thrown out or heavily modified. The new world is run on performanceand efficiency. The sheer number of under utilized human capital is staggering. Feudalsim does not bring about sustainable growth. It was only after the "dark ages" that mankind flourished in the arts and sciences.
    Check out the patent fillings by nation to use as a metric for growth. There is a clear shift in output.

Welcome to Planet Misery,

Akuma

#73     Oct 22, 2011
  4. The numbers are out:

http://china.org.cn/china/2011-11/16/content_23936753.htm

A society that loses its manufacturing base loses and technical expertize. Most of the R&D money is being spent in china. We have let our nation fall to an unrecoverable state. Once the premier nation of the planet we are falling and failing. The technological base is crumbling. The skills are degredating Once you have something do not let it go under the guise of NAFTA. The politicans are fools who only think in 2 to 6 year terms. A generation is about 30 years long. This is the time frame a political system should be built to. The leadership has failed and I am not going to fight it I just want to leave it.

Those that do not work must beg, borrow or steal.

Akuma

BUY GOLD!!!

#74     Nov 16, 2011
  5. Archin

Archin

Kind of ignorant to believe this...

#75     Nov 16, 2011
  6. piezoe

piezoe

"Minimum wage people" can NOT by "nice stuff". There is no "nice stuff" at the dollar store!

#76     Nov 16, 2011
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Thank you. That's one of the more informative posts ever on ET. THANKS!

#77     Nov 16, 2011
  8. Still trying to get out of here.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45567659

All the smart ones are jumping ship first. Everyone else will be stuck a system entrenched in stagflation for decades. This place feels like the 3rd world. Somebody is going to have to pay the debt. The last round of employment numbers is not a good thing no matter how you spin and message the numbers. What ever they are on in DC they better get off it because they are going to sink the ship.

Akuma

BUY GOLD!!!

#78     Dec 6, 2011
  9. Maybe this has already been mentioned, but Kirsten Dunst recently got German citizenship since her father is German.
    It was all over the Internet a few months ago since she is an A-lister.

She didn't seem to have any problem with the American authorities for acquiring another citizenship (beside the American one).

#79     Dec 6, 2011