Is there a citizen trap in the US?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by AKUMATOTENSHI, Apr 1, 2011.

1. schuler

schuler

no fleeing for me. i'm staying for the women. peace!

#21     Apr 1, 2011
  2. I think insourcing in Germany/Switzerland is not easy as in USA

#22     Apr 1, 2011
  3. CALI002

CALI002

the best thing to do is Trade OPTIONS.

Calls and Puts on the directional side. that is the best way to get leverage for the capital that you already have.

of course, you can lose that initial principal, but its not unusual to return 100% if you know what you're doing. buy options that are less then .50cents and look for 3-4x return.

#23     Apr 1, 2011
  4. kipster

kipster

the U.S. has good standards of living for the pay i think.
    its fairly balanced. even min.wage ppl can afford to buy nice stuff. whereas elsewhere (asia) the difference between rich n poor is so far apart that its ridiculous. min wage will never be able to afford to buy the finer things in life...

#24     Apr 1, 2011
  5. zdreg

zdreg

I assume you are making a joke.
    insourcing means that u are doing more manufacturing in your own factory.

therefore what are you saying?

#25     Apr 1, 2011
  6. ammo

ammo

germanys wages are not high ,poles, russians, working there for 4 an hour

#26     Apr 1, 2011
  7. Thats really not a good indicator of who is leaving the US. To get a citizenship in another country, you do not have to renounce your US citizenship. In the US, to be a citizen here, you do have to renounce your citizenship in your previous country. Also, the US government requires you to continue paying taxes for 10 years after you renounce your citizenship, so its a deterent right there.

#27     Apr 1, 2011
  8. Germany builds high quality expensive stuff. Been in a hospital. Look around at how much Siemens equipment there is.

Maybe someone from Germany can chime in import tariffs. Logic tells me it would be governed by EU import tariffs.

Trump and PTJ are correct. We are getting hosed by China. They import their stuff and we can't sell into their country, whether it be due to tariffs or lack of ability to compete with slave wages.

Free trade is a scam.

#28     Apr 1, 2011
  9. Correct. I am weeks away from my Canadian citizenship. I can get EU residency. I can stay under the 180k exclusion. Things aren't black and white.

I have a friend whom trades from Eastern Europe, he hasn't paid a dime to the country he is living in, and he makes money. I don't even know if he pays US taxes since he lives abroad full time. A number of the FSU countries aren't sophisticated enough to catch ppl with an internet based biz.

#29     Apr 1, 2011
  10. Legally, I doubt it. Please source that. There are Vietnamese selling cheap crap at outdoor markets in Czech Republic, but they are illegals.

#30     Apr 1, 2011