Is the worst behind us?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 8, 2009.

1. This thread is "humorous" and is apparently above your intellect. Please find a nice quiet place to rest - take the weekend off.

#11     Aug 8, 2009
  2. S2007S

S2007S

[​IMG]

#12     Aug 8, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

You should move to Hollywood, those guys don't care what the economy is doing.. your string of hos would have to be guys but for the sake of the economy you could learn that side of the business :D

#13     Aug 8, 2009
  4. All these gov't statistics are a joke. From the birth/death model to the way they report GDP on a annualized quarter to quarter basis (corp revenues down 10-15% with a fractional decline in GDP) the stats are deemed worthless. It just gives us something to talk about.

#14     Aug 8, 2009
  5. Many of the unemployed I know are taking a break from their fruitless job search.

These won't show up as unemployed either.

#15     Aug 8, 2009
  6. It is behind us but.... we have our pants down and we are bent over a barrel, feeling its breath on our necks. What's next I wander?

#16     Aug 8, 2009

7. Hmm......Somebody is in a foul mood today

#17     Aug 8, 2009
  8. maxpi

maxpi

People in ghettos that live on welfare don't count as unemployed either...

I think we will have to deal with inflation a little later on and that will be the follow-on crisis to the crisis, both of which are caused by Government stupidity on several fronts...

#18     Aug 8, 2009
  9. Check with the Germans. Some of brothels have adopted the "fun pass".... All the food, drink, and sex you want from 10AM to 4PM... 70 Euros! :D

#19     Aug 8, 2009
  10. This is where you need economies of scale to help out.

For instance, in a large, too-big-to-fail company where the CEO is valued at 500 times the average worker, he can fire everyone else and still have the value of 500 workers working for the company.

Also, if you can screw up big enough, you can get bailed-out.

#20     Aug 8, 2009