Is the way central banks view inflation simply wrong?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Oct 14, 2012.

1. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Psss.... ask him about his formal education.

He blew up at me when I questioned his level of training in this stuff once.

#31     Oct 16, 2012
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

Don't miss the bus?

#32     Oct 16, 2012
  3. achilles28

achilles28

It's up to you. I think it's a matter of perspective. These are definitely the finer points. QE definitely undermines currency integrity. I think you're 100% right. Credit creation can destabilize a currency, too (Nazdaq/Oil bubble), although to a much lesser extent. In that regard, I agree with your conclusions that while the effect of both is similar (depreciation), one is "safer" and one is not. A good guy to get input from on this too, would be marc faber?

#33     Oct 16, 2012
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

I have the occassional email with Faber. I might ask him.

#34     Oct 16, 2012
  5. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

#35     Oct 16, 2012
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

You never put forward any kind of argument you simply criticise the person. I have never seen you make any kind of argument.

There are many forms of economics and views clash simply because one person does not hold your view does not mean they are wrong. It just means they have a different opinion.

I am well educated in the area. But I have different views to you.

Do you really have nothing better to do than hang around a forum making insults at people with no reasoning or justification other than that is your opinion?

You don't make any reasoning for your position you just criticise the person who makes a comment you don't like.

Why do you bother?

#36     Oct 16, 2012
  7. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

You keep saying this, but it appears that you don't actually grasp the elementary concepts in these topics, but instead make grandiose pronouncements. My views on this is based on reading your blog. It reads like the ranting of a student who barely passed Macro 101.

Look, I know I will never convince you that you are really just completely off the mark. I'm not going to try.

Instead, I only hope other readers - the well meaning ones who aren't exposed to this domain knowledge - be aware that your views are crank-worthy.

As an exercise for interested readers, see how many of these points our in-house economist morganist check off in this list:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=250699

#37     Oct 16, 2012
  8. morganist

morganist Guest

Yet again all you demonstrate is an ability to insult people. That is not constructive criticism it is an attack on the person. You have not put forward any view or even a link to any kind of a perspective.

You are just trying to devalue my character by attacking me personally. You have not ever made an argument that responds to mine other than you are wrong. You have not made any views.

What you are doing it hovering around a forum trying to goad people into to insult them. I have no interest in persuing this good bye.

#38     Oct 16, 2012
  9. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Tell us what your formal credentials are (because you purport to be an expert). No?

Okay.

#39     Oct 16, 2012
  10. morganist

morganist Guest

Tell me yours first. As you are the one claiming to have absolute knowledge of the subject to say that someone else's is wrong. I merely put forward my view then argue and debate the topic. You are the one claiming absolute knowledge and understanding here.

You meet everyone of the things your list. You claim to have the best, true and only understanding of the subject and no one else understands. You don't make any arguments and even statements other than someone else is wrong or doesn't understand. You are dismissive of any one else's points and clearly cannot interact with other people in a decent manner.

Guess what you are a Crank. I on the other hand move on the forums with politeness and etique and allow people to make arguments which I put forward critiques and suggestions to provide positive feedback. I never say other people don't understand and in fact admitted I made an error of my own in this very thread. I don't claim to have an answer to all the problems but I will put forward progressive suggestions, which is the point of my blog if you read the mission statement.

The whole point of my school of thought is there is no out and out right or wrong just a progessive movement to make things better. That is the agenda I have not to claim that one thing is correct or not.

You are everything you claim I am. Incidentally I have good qualifications and experience. What is yours.

#40     Oct 16, 2012