Is The US Re-Industrializing By Weakening the Dollar ?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Nov 13, 2009.

1. "Bankrupt" only applies to the current residents and holders of the destroyed paper money.... which will be 99.9999% of Americans in our debacle.

The real assets have great value. You think the Chinese wouldn't want to own land, buildings, minerals and mineral rights in the USA? The only genuine problem in owning assets in a "bankrupt" country is the government... which usually becomes accommodative for the right price.

I'm surprised we haven't yet promised Iowa to the Chinese in exchange for their continuing to buy our Treasury debt...

#21     Nov 13, 2009
  2. ie Argentina.....

2002 buy apt. < $100k

2007 sell apt > $100k

At some price it works....

China buys a RR....ie Buffett....ie 49%/51%....

Inbev buys BUD ....the more problems the more drinking...?

Even busted economies move beer....and cheap food....

And use electricity....

Would the US object if China made the US green energy
    revolution happen ? Wind turbines....batteries ....made where...
    used where ?.....Why ?....

#22     Nov 13, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

this question is worthy of a thread on its own.

#23     Nov 13, 2009
  4. mahadiga

mahadiga

Weak Dollar will hamper Investments & Entrepreneurship in USA.

#24     Nov 17, 2009
  5. Dollar was weak in 1979 and 1992. Did it hamper investment and entrepreneurship?

#25     Nov 17, 2009
  6. Actually, the US administration chief economic advisor has called for the US to become an "export nation" - again.

Good laugh over here. I just look around my office and see Hewlett Packard printers, Dell PC´s, Apple I Phone, Apple MacBook Pro´s, Texas Instrument electronic calculators...

No need to invent the US as an "export nation"...

#26     Nov 17, 2009
  7. ................................

Here it is....

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/so...the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero)

#27     Nov 17, 2009
  8. All made in china.

#28     Nov 17, 2009
  9. The "China Success Story" is still highly dependent on the "securitization , no skin in the game ....debt model" coming back in vogue in the US....

Not going to happen....

China.....a new day of reckoning awaits....

#29     Nov 17, 2009
  10. Actually, the only significant manufacturing that happens in the US is from the military industrial complex. Not exactly productive when you look at the debt behind USA's defense spending.

"Made in USA' is very very rare to see on products that are in everyday use, personal or business. But how would you know, you do not even live in this country.

#30     Nov 17, 2009