Is The US Headed Towards A Denmark Economy ? ie. 63% taxes

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Feb 28, 2009.

1. jaley

jaley

everyones tax liability is the same for the same amount of income. people with higher income are only paying more on the extra money

#11     Feb 28, 2009
  2. the1

the1

LOL. That's probably true. "Sign here or I'll cap your punk ass" :D

#12     Feb 28, 2009
  3. Only 10%? Wouldn't it have to be about 25% just to keep up with the federal monstrosity? If 10% to start, it would slowly creep up anyway.

The fed gov is spending about $12k per head and the state and locals are doubling that amount.

I think everyone should contribute something instead of paying no income tax.

I would first like to see less gov spending, get that under control.

#13     Feb 28, 2009
  4. Fight The Future

Only 10%? Wouldn't it have to be about 25% just to keep up with the federal monstrosity? If 10% to start, it would slowly creep up anyway.

It will start smaller in ordinary times....but with the economy being in a "depression state" ....the progressive system will not produce what a 10% consumption tax would produce....
    and as companies relocate to the US....and when people have more in their pockets....the tax take will grow exponentially higher than it would if it were to remain progressive....in the good times....

The size of the actual economy would grow exponentially, whereas in the progressive structure....the economy would shrink....

Less is MORE....

#14     Feb 28, 2009