Is the US Govt trying to sabotage Toyota?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ChkitOut, Feb 3, 2010.

1. alot of jap defenders here...let's be reminded while in the USA, jap autos have an enviable reputation, it is not the same in europe and asia

#11     Feb 4, 2010
  2. Daal

Daal

Next thing you know Geithner will be on yahoo boards posting on how 'GM stock is a sure triple from here'

#12     Feb 4, 2010
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

under the alias...Stockturder..:D we are watching you stock, we now you are out there.

#13     Feb 4, 2010
  4. This is the red one that was running on bloomberg tv ? Because I am such a fan of the shoot. The car looks great.

[​IMG]

#14     Feb 6, 2010
  5. It's quite obvious that US Fed wants to destroy Toyota.

#15     Feb 6, 2010
  6. He was a republican, but he was part of the bigger Illinois political machine. If you go back far enought, so was Hillary...

He or someone else called in a favor to get appointed. He presided over Clinton's impeachment proceedings as well I believe. Bizarre love triangle in the cabinet, that's for sure.

#16     Feb 6, 2010
  7. The US Gov't has a similar problem. The Treasury has their Gas Pedal accelerator stuck too.

At least Toyota has a fix for their problem.

#17     Feb 6, 2010
  8. I don't think there is an conspiracy. Toyota just grew too much too fast. I own 2, not affected ones, and I will buy another. But like I said 2 years ago Hyundai/Kia will overtake in several years. They are lean and mean, like Toyota used to be. I would opt for one of them before a Toyota.

#18     Feb 6, 2010
  9. MattF

MattF

It will take that long though...

Hyundai's still aren't quite there for the reliability/"easy to fix" factor and Kia's are still junk (you get what you pay for there)

Toyota, Honda & Nissan are still the Top 3 in my book...Hyundai though is a close 4.

#19     Feb 6, 2010
  10. are you a used car dealer? have you driven all makes and models?

IMO they are all the same.. only differentiation in cars is at the high end

#20     Feb 6, 2010