Is the retail daytrader an endangered species?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Darshan, Aug 21, 2008.

1. no.............................................YES!!!!!

hahahahahhaha

#21     Aug 21, 2008
  2. dsq

dsq

Personally,i hate daytrading equities.Very little reward for so much sweat.Its a suckers game.I am going back to swing trading.I wont have to be 100% correct in predicting the direction of the next 2minutes for the next puny 15 cent move.Talk about burnout,death by a thousand cuts etc....For equities, swing trading is the way to go.Daytrader in equities make their brokers rich.

Daytrading is better suited for futures than equities i would think.I have never traded futures so this is my opinion only not experience.

#22     Aug 21, 2008
  3. I wouldn't toss forex to the wolves so fast. If you don't like the market maker structure of the forex dealers then you can trade the CME. But take a peak at 6E I think you'll see some very nice trends. I personally think it trends better then the ES. Just my .02.

#23     Aug 21, 2008
  4. the biggest loser to algorithmic trading is traders working at investment banks, hedge funds, large banks/insurance companies. Most of them will be replaced over the next few years. Especially after seeing what some rogue traders did to their respective institutions.

For the daytrader from home, it means little.

#24     Aug 21, 2008
  5. well i agree equities is not easy and your broker make,s more money.
    But future can be very risky and if you are on the wrong side you can loose a lot of money.

#25     Aug 21, 2008
  6. Why not entries after 10:30 EST ? What time do you start to trade ?
    Thanks,

#26     Aug 22, 2008
  7. Yeah, they really need you to provide liquidity with your miniscule volume when compared to the HFT boxes run by billion dollar funds. The market really needs that many daytraders and would collapse if most of them quit, LOL.

Get real, your only worth to the market is commissions and profits for the big boys.

#27     Aug 22, 2008
  8. Collectively, a-hole, we ALL play a role TOGETHER in providing liquidity. I never said anything about "collapse" you decided to throw that in for effect.

#28     Aug 22, 2008
  9. I would imagine that new forms of instirutional trading (Whatever it may be - blackboxes, algos, etc) just provides new opportunities to take the otherside and profit?

#29     Aug 22, 2008
  10. Let's put it this way:
    Should you have gotten into daytrading at all?
    I think not.
    And yes, daytraders have odds against them.
    Only those offering FX futures on the CME, and don't get into scalping; didn't you learn your lesson?

Trade relatively long term.

#30     Aug 22, 2008