is the recession orchestrated

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Sep 24, 2008.

1. I agree with you......this is a BIG ONE! A HUGE financial grid powerplay move of historic proportions.......expect more "false flag" ops ahead unfortunately! :mad:

#11     Sep 24, 2008
  2. My theory is that the increase in the US national debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion in 8 years has put too much pressure on the international financial system. Foreign investors have slowly since around 2003, stopped recycling all their dollars into the US economy. This has caused the current collapse in credit, since the federal reserve has had to do all the heavy lifting, trying to prop this thing up. Now, the 800 billion is sort of a margin call from the countries that currently finance the US budget. That's why the dollar has been collapsing the last few years, and why OPEC now demands a 100 per barrel floor to crude.

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

you guys seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject are you graduates or do you work in finance.

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. Hilarious thread!

GO LONG TIN FOIL!

#14     Sep 24, 2008
  5. LOL. Obviously not trading. OK, back to trading.

#15     Sep 24, 2008
  6. Go all in LONG then right now and let me know how that works out for you....:D

#16     Sep 24, 2008
  7. It's quite obvious to even a ten year old that these problems did not just surface overnight. These types of banking fiascos surface over and over again over time.

For instance, Mccain is no stranger to housing crises and banking scandals; I guess no one is old enough to recall the S&L crisis and the Keating 5. Guess who was one of the vigorous defenders of C. Keating (who was indicted for fraud btw), telling regulators to back off and stop investigating the events surrounding the honorable Mr. Keating? Much of this is quite hilarious if people don't see the irony.

I guess the more important question to ask, is were there any outright attempts to exasperate the unfolding problem, and to assist in ways of benefiting off of it in a quick and dirty manner. Well, it does bring to mind
    some questions about why the uptick rule and trading curbs were kicked to the curb RIGHT before the panic drop, because their brilliant researchers told them they had absolutely no effect on smoothing volatility.

I try to stay away from politics, but the current events are pretty fubar and taxing.

#17     Sep 24, 2008
  8. morganist

morganist Guest

ok fine you are obviously traders, which makes sense being a trading website. but i am not a trader i am a macro economist so i thought that some of you might be similar to me or graduates with an interest in trading.

by the way how are you going to control the economy through interest rate if debt fails.

#18     Sep 24, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

LOL.. I like that!

#19     Sep 24, 2008
  10. I think a good chunk of people here trade. From what I gather many (if not most) daytrade futures. Proof I trade

#20     Sep 24, 2008