Is the party over ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by indahook, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Wise words.

Best

Natalie

#11     Jul 24, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So he can trade the overseas markets?

#12     Jul 24, 2003
  3. Hi OtL,

What is "vip"? And what will you do if the first move is down? Thanks and I hope things are great with you.

#13     Jul 24, 2003
  4. cevans

cevans

With Uday and Qusai cold...Sadaam-in-a-box seems imminent. I'd hate to be short when that is announced...

#14     Jul 24, 2003
  5. Earnings have been good. The Hussein sons are gone. There are many signs that we're cycling naturally out of the recession. Yet the indexes can't break out and have no follow through. There's just no institutional big buyers. It won't be long before they take us on a ride one way or the other. I think we're going down, but the point is to go along for the ride.

#15     Jul 24, 2003
  6. with those guys dead though, and we are hot on saddams trail you would think its already priced into the market... look at his kids, short term pop and lost it all in no time, my guess if we get saddam same thing, a pop, granted bigger, but it will fade fast... a dead or captured saddam will not take the market to sustained highs imo...
    but i never try to out guess the market and trade on my opinion, i just follow the market so i dont care what happens

#16     Jul 24, 2003
  7. sammybea

sammybea

I can't help to think that saddam wasn't really a threat. The reason why american was attacked was because of the elusive bin laden, not because of "WMDs" from Iraq. The victims of the towers and the pentagon were due to THE threat to america which is bin laden. Now if he gets killed, the mkt will never look back. Saddam gets killed, good 10 point pop that will vanish the next day. But thats just my 2 cents.

#17     Jul 24, 2003
  8. cevans

cevans

I think it's difficult for the US to pull out of Iraq while Sadaam may still be alive and able to reconsolidate his position. Hence, our troops are there en masse until he is more certainly dead.

A clear announcement that he is dead will pave the way for an 80%+ reduction in our Middle East prescence, and will remove the burden and uncertainty of financing that ongoing prescence from our economy...as well as reducing the heightened risk of reprisals from the growing animosity in the Shiite and Sunni populations.

While that might not be enough to push the market up long term, It seems to have that potential...

#18     Jul 25, 2003
  9. The plunge is coming. Not a question of "if". just when. You will tell your grandkids about the big one.

Look at the big picture, especially the strength of USD in the World and

"Trade in the Now"

Are we investors or are we traders:confused:

#19     Jul 25, 2003
  10. Do you mean American....not american. Big diference!

I actually think good earnings are going to keep the market in range trading through August. I do not see the MAJOR pullback that some envision. What I do see is basing or consolidation ahead for the markets to start the next SLOW move up. My trading will follow whatever the market does, but the speculating is fun! :cool:

#20     Jul 25, 2003