is the market ever going to go down

Discussion in 'Trading' started by staffpro, Feb 23, 2012.

1. So doom and gloom. The world will be fine as it always has before.

#11     Feb 23, 2012
  2. Chausey

Chausey

Anybody blindly long will wake up one day ready to take the money again to find out they just lost the past 50 days of gains.

#12     Feb 23, 2012
  3. Up up and away!

#13     Feb 23, 2012
  4. Try not to prefer a side but the unbiased one.

Markets are constantly going through cycles.

Pick the path of least resistance.

At the present time dip buying is working beautifully, it won't last forever but until the path of least resistance is shorting I don't recommend it.

#14     Feb 23, 2012
  5. If/when the SPX can outperform crude oil, gold or silver (over a long enough sample), I'll be impressed.

The sad reality is that most of the lemmings are stuck in mutual funds that they can't tap without a tax bite OR are hoping and praying that they can continue on this current trajectory for years to come...Meanwhile, they have to pay TODAY for all the inflationary side effects to boosting these indicies and maintaining the "perception management".

The other small tidbit is that many of these very same boomers have been liquidating whatever they had in stocks these past few years now that the housing ATM is broken and they cannot generate any income with interest rates at zero. In their case, there is nothing but downside to "reflating asset prices" for the umpteenth time.

Of course, the politico's have to spin all this b.s. as a booming economy. After all, what would happen if people suddenly awoke to the notion that $5 gasoline still hasn't secured them a job or re-invigorated the housing market or solved the overhang on debt.

This would be comical if it weren't so tragic.

#15     Feb 23, 2012
  6. oh it will go down..real shortly and real H.A.R.D.!

the real question i wish to ask all the big ballers is..

what is the top?

all (three) you big ballrs pls pick your top HERE NOW :D

#16     Feb 23, 2012
  7. Exactly, it's as if the market has priced in a defacto "QE3".

However, the QE2 rally also lost the MAJORITY of its gains in less than a month when the market pulled back last fall.

Who knows if and when the same will happen again. Election years are usually bullish, especially the 4th quarter.

It seems everyday if there is even a slight pullback, they just BTFD!

#17     Feb 23, 2012
  8. #18     Feb 23, 2012
  9. up again, this is getting rediculous, how are you guys playing this, i feel like building shorts

#19     Feb 24, 2012
  10. Here you go OP
    :)

DOW weekly chart with updated rising wedge scenario and large megaphone.

[​IMG]

#20     Feb 24, 2012