Is the Market Closed today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tyler19, Feb 19, 2007.

1. tyler19

tyler19

I repeat, Is the Market Closed today. Monday February 19th, 2007?

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Globex is open but the stock exchanges are closed today.

3. range

range

NYSE closed today for Washington's Birthday (see below).

"2007 NYSE Holidays

New Year's Day January 1
    National Day of Mourning * January 2*
    Martin Luther King, Jr. Day January 15
    Washington's Birthday** February 19** (observed)
    Good Friday April 6
    Memorial Day May 28
    Independence Day July 4
    Labor Day September 3
    Thanksgiving Day November 22
    Christmas December 25

* It was announced on December 29, 2006, that the New York Stock Exchange and NYSE Arca would be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2007 in observance of the national day of mourning for President Gerald R. Ford.
    ** Washington's Birthday was first declared a federal holiday by an 1879 act of Congress. The Monday Holiday Law, enacted in 1968, shifted the date of the commemoration of Washington's Birthday from February 22 to the third Monday in February, but neither that law nor any subsequent law changed the name of the holiday from Washington's Birthday to President's Day.
    Although the third Monday in February has become popularly known as President's Day, the NYSE's designation of Washington's Birthday as an Exchange holiday (Rule 51) follows the form of the federal holiday outlined above (section 6103(a) of title 5 of the United States Code)."

http://www.nyse.com/Frameset.html?n...holiday&displayPage=/about/1022963613686.html

4. Yes the markets are closed. I repeat, the markets are closed. Check the exchanges websites, they are a wonderful thing.

5. Is that better than turning on CNBC:D

6. Tums

Tums

7. Yea, it sucks!. I stayed up all night for nothing....well and the fact that I thought I had class.

No one actually celebrates these off days anyway.

8. buy the open, u may make good money. typically when exch are closed cuz of holidays and globex is trading mkt is on fire trending up all day.

am gonna give it a shot, should go higher....of course if this time is different...

9. How the hell are you going to progress in this business if you have to ask a question like that on a BB.........

For feck sake, at least do a little bit of work on your own...:confused:

10. Complain not! Days like this are a glorious opportunity to code and test futures trading algorithms in real time. No staying up late at night waiting for the tick that never comes.

#10     Feb 19, 2007