Is the job market currently that pathetic?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by thenmmm, Nov 22, 2010.

1. I would say to hang in there. Go to FED Fred database and research the areas where the unemployment rate is lowest.

As you can see from the following graphs, the unemployment rate seems to be dropping so in another 6-12 months, I am hoping for everyone's sake, that its better then it is now.

[​IMG]

#41     Nov 25, 2010
  2. thenmmm

thenmmm

yeah 10x for the replies so far...i don't have the time to comment unfortunately and...on a side note - i was thinking a while for freelancing - but it seems that for every online job - there are like 50 Indian programmers...and they offer to do the job for 200$...a month. So, basically - someone needs a social community created which would cost $5000 in the states and western europe, but in India - it's $200. Can't really beat that. Of coure it's another issue that indian programmers....don't speak English as their...native language...OK they're kinda too far from 'native speaking' - and for some reason they all love java and php, but not .net and c++ which are often better choices...but that's another topic...

#42     Nov 26, 2010
  3. If you are afraid to start a business due to red tape, taxes and other contributions then your business model is either unviable or you’re a fantasist.

#43     Nov 26, 2010
  4. Roark

Roark

You're a complete, brain-dead idiot with poor reading comprehension. Read the thread again and see what you missed, dip shit.

#44     Nov 26, 2010
  5. joe4422

joe4422

The problem with a lot of jobs today is that the pay is so low, it's not even enough to live. We don't live in a society where extended families live together. We may just have to start doing that.

I'm lucky, I don't have to work, but if I did I would be really pissed off. Most jobs that are on offer today, wouldn't even pay rent.

#45     Nov 26, 2010
  6. The unemployment rate is dropping because more people are not being counted. We can have 50% of the people unemployed but they'll say that we have 0% unemployment rate.

#46     Nov 26, 2010
  7. I saw a job ad on Craigslist several years ago. It said...

Make $500 per day for making phone calls.

Out of curiosity, I called and left a voicemail. The guy calls me back and says that I have to send him $500 through Western Union so that I can then also start posting that same ad on Craigslist for myself. What a scam artist he was. Anyone who would send him money must have rocks in their head for brains. Just to add, it is free to post job ads in most of the cities on Craigslist. San Francisco costs $75 per ad and several other cities cost $25 per ad...

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/posting_fees

#47     Nov 26, 2010
  8. Every single post you have made in this thread has been loaded with negativity and I want to know the real reason that would stop you starting a business or even growing a business in what is still one of the most business friendly democracies in the Northern hemispere.

#48     Nov 28, 2010