Is the job market currently that pathetic?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by thenmmm, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Roark

Roark

You think an employer will check references for an entry-level position as a fast-food worker?

#31     Nov 24, 2010
  2. thanks, understand now. strange reason for unemployment. is then reasonable to say appropriate change to healthcare would open door to employment ? Is business showing that way displeasure with increased running costs, maybe even obama presidency, basically blackmail ?

#32     Nov 25, 2010
  3. Roark

Roark

Yes, I think solving the health care problem would open the door for a much better employment situation. Most people did not want Obamacare passed and the government passed it anyway resulting in much displeasure with Obama and other democrats. Obama needs to get more people employed before elections in 2012 or he stands a good chance of becoming unemployed.

#33     Nov 25, 2010
  4. Would not be now good time to buy property anticipating improved employment sitaution ?

There is reasonable probability of prices going from 50k to 500k. Sure much more chances than going here from 500k to 5M. Average income roughly similar.

#34     Nov 25, 2010
  5. Roark

Roark

I've been thinking about it. How do you propose to handle it? I presume from your posts that you do not live in the US. I think it will likely take some time before a 50K property soars to 500K in value. What will you do in the meanwhile? Leave the property vacant or rent it out? Both options may result in some serious difficulties.

#35     Nov 25, 2010
  6. i. Buying good land with crappy house and rent it out for anything. Worst case burn down still have land.

#36     Nov 25, 2010
  7. Roark

Roark

That is not the worst case. The worst case is house burns down, damages adjacent property and/or someone is injured and a lawsuit is filed against you for millions.

#37     Nov 25, 2010
  8. If you keep the expected salary less than $100K, you will find tons of jobs

#38     Nov 25, 2010
  9. Roark

Roark

It's even better if you keep expectations less than $10K.:D

#39     Nov 25, 2010
  10. Hey Obama, what about all that retraining you offered millions of ppl for "green jobs" that were supposedly going to turn the job outlook around?...... another bullshit monkey rant!!

Instead, lets get rid of some dead weight(illegal immigrants) and make sure whatever jobs start coming back in major sectors are given to U.S. born and LEGAL immigrants !!!

#40     Nov 25, 2010