Is the job market currently that pathetic?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by thenmmm, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Roark

Roark

Many people do, such as shop-lifting, convenience store robbing, prostitution, illegal substance trafficking and so forth. Self-employment is the new normal.

Edit: Almost forgot, the self-employment field of top choice for those with some capital: day trading!

#11     Nov 23, 2010
  2. yeah or maybe something with value..

solve a problem.. like energy so something.. be useful

#12     Nov 23, 2010
  3. Here is a niche job that pays well......Drug smuggler. Now that the TSA doesnt pat down women in burkas, just wear a burka and strap 50 kilos of cocaine on your body and you can walk right through security. Make $500k for a couple hours work. :p

#13     Nov 23, 2010
  4. Roark

Roark

Energy? You mean the problem that has plagued the west since the Arab oil embargo back in the 70's when Carter was POTUS? The problem where an entire federal department was formed to solve it, i.e., the Dept. of Energy and has a budget of several billion dollars per annum? Yeah, I'm sure there are scads of unemployed people in the US with the skills to solve that. The problem with the US is that there all these unemployed people with Phds in physics that won't get off their lazy butts and work.

#14     Nov 23, 2010
  5. May be 1000 jobs for 100,000 job seekers. Some of these jobs require very specific skills, or you have to pay many thousands for their so called training to get the job - this esp true for the scam jobs at prop trading firms.

#15     Nov 24, 2010
  6. targetting 50+, offering them hope. it's like trading. emotional ones lose. learn how to trade, flourishing field for scammers. once they out of savings, forgotten - garbage.. :( :(

face it, if you 35 or more, in unwinding recession you will be OUT for life. see recessions in early 90 an before for confirmation. Yes 35.

it's like desert flower. you have to get rich in 10 years while sun is still shining :)

better get some real skills to be selfsufficient.

#16     Nov 24, 2010
  7. It sure isn't great. I've been looking for about 8 months now. Thinking of going back to school

#17     Nov 24, 2010
  8. lol, how is that going to solve anything?

#18     Nov 24, 2010
  9. Almost forgot, the self-employment field of top choice for those with some capital: day trading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fell outa my chair laughing my arse off on this one.:eek:

#19     Nov 24, 2010
  10. I am not saying that there are enough jobs for everyone to have to have one but there are a crap ton of REAL jobs out there to be had. Remember that I said Monster only shows 1000 listings so there might be 3-4k or even more jobs per major city. I did not narrow it down by field to see. However, 90% of the jobs I saw were REAL, go in and apply jobs. Everything from construction to teachers, paralegals, secretaries, sanitation, auto repair, fast food, and more. Are you telling me there are no construction workers looking for work? No teachers that are unemployed? No one with the "specialized" skills required to be a secretary that needs a job? Of course you aren't. So why are these jobs sitting out there open? They don't pay as well for working as what Uncle Sam is paying to do nothing. Even if there were only 500k jobs like this nation wide, if people would actually take them instead of being lazy asses that would be 500k less people sucking the government tit and actually paying into the tax system.

#20     Nov 24, 2010