Is the IB backfill working?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ADX_trader, May 2, 2007.

1. I think that in fairness to IB, I am obligated to post the following update to the posting I made yesterday in this thread.

I received PM within minutes of my posting, from an IB employee, who seems eager to fix this problem and who asked me for more specific information and log files, etc., to help him investigate the problem. I haven't yet provided him this info, because I have been too busy, but I am going to do it today.

#11     May 3, 2007
  2. jimrockford - have you had any luck getting this issue resolved?

#12     May 7, 2007
  3. It's a sad day when one of the largest brokerages uses a customer to help resolve issues. Why can't they see what they need to fix. Step up to the plate a be a man about it IB.

#13     May 7, 2007
  4. I did not give them the log file and other detailed information they requested until May 4. This delay was on my end, not their end. May 4 was a Friday, so they haven't had any time to do anything with the info I gave them. I think it is too soon to expect any results. I also think that the people responsible for troubleshooting this particular problem are making every possible effort to solve it as quickly as possible.

#14     May 7, 2007
  5. I think your comments are unfair, unrealistic, unimaginative, and misinformed. IB, as a technology company, deserves credit for listening to their customers and for using them as a valuable resource to assist in the process of troubleshooting. Nobody can perceive what needs to be fixed as well as the actual customers using the technology. This is a fact of life with any complex technology. IB also has demonstrated honesty and integrity by publicly acknowledging the existence of particular technical problems and the need for IB to address them. Grounds for constructive criticism of IB do exist, but I think that your posting is part of a pattern of totally unfair and untruthful attacks which are often made against the company.

#15     May 7, 2007
  6. Thanks - I've got a ticket into them also for this. If I get anything sooner, I'll post it.

#16     May 7, 2007
  7. I still stand by what I said. They would do well if they could get customers like you to work in their customer service/tech support department. This is intended as a compliment to you. You have done a lot for them here and I think they owe you. I just read too many threads here about their lack in this area and I think they can do better.

#17     May 7, 2007
  8. my charts (backfill) did not work at all today. I have not changed any settings on my computer, did not install java 1.6, etc.

:(

#18     May 7, 2007
  9. I'm in agreement with jimrockford regarding IB. Overall, they have been responsive to this issue - I have received a PM here on ET and response to my trouble ticket that was submitted today.

They suggested downgrading Java from 1.6 to 1.5.0_11... I have done this but it did not fix the problem. I will post further as fixes are attempted. Hopefully we can get this worked out soon.

#19     May 7, 2007
  10. Just got the following from IB tech support:
    "we have determined this issue is due to a connectivity issue with our HMDS server. We are currently experiencing connectivity issues with our HMDS server. The HMDS server is responsible for providing the data necessary for generating charts. This issue is currently being investigated and should be resolved soon (no exact ETA)."

#20     May 8, 2007