Is the gov't an economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nutmeg, Feb 6, 2013.

1. the way to get people off the unemployment roles is to say, "We don't give a shit if you are unemployed or not."

Employment is a democratic idea. They want everybody to be an employee. That is the only way they can control them.

Go spend some time down in Mexico. Nobody is unemployed. Even if it as an old woman and her husband collecting fire kindling. You see them about when the sun goes down, and she is worn out, and he has a whole load of wood on his back.

But they are in business for themselves.

I like you piezoe, but I don't like your party's college educated superiority complex. You look down on employees, like they are the less fortunate. Your only solution to your misguided view of man is to form a union.

The other side believes in the dignity of the individual man (or woman.)

#21     Feb 8, 2013
  2. We could raise wages by lowering UE insurance premiums to employers by paying out less in benefits. We could change what circumstances qualify for UE benefits. Fewer people would collect, perhaps more inclined to do a better job at work.

#22     Feb 8, 2013
  3. I had a great idea to force wages higher. (I'm too late though.)

Here's the plan, the tobacco companies could raise the price of a pack of cigarettes by $5 and return the windfall profits to the employees. Aw but no, the Fed and state beat the cos to it.

Using this example though, heck, let's raise the price of anything x dollars and use the money for wage increases. What's the excise tax on a tire $10? Heck add another $5 on the price of a tire and put it in the paycheck.

#23     Feb 8, 2013
  4. No.

The way to get people off of unemployment benefits... is to change the system to "work or starve". They'd soon get off of their asses.

Unemployeds should be allowed a limited time frame to get another job (not 2 1/2 FARKIN' YEARS!). After that, they go on "subsistence"... "3 hots and a cot". When they've had enough of that, they'll take anything which is better while continuing to look for something better than what they have. That would be good... the American way.

And while on "subsistence", they are not allowed to vote. While on subsistence, they are parasites upon society and not entitled to vote themselves a better quality of life at the expense of others.

#24     Feb 8, 2013
  5. I know I am on your ignore list

because you can't tolerate an opposing view

but you make a good point

why not just exterminate the poor and be done with them?

#25     Feb 8, 2013
  6. TGregg

TGregg

UEB!="being paid simply to find work". Better to say "being paid simply to not work" as that pay stops the moment they start working.

#26     Feb 8, 2013
  7. This suggestion is way more communist than what I was talking about.

#27     Feb 8, 2013
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Tnat's an idea that might be worth exploring.

#28     Feb 9, 2013
  9. piezoe

piezoe

communist???? :D :D :D

#29     Feb 9, 2013
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Thank you oldtime for an honest opinion. I'll take it under very serious consideration. You may very well be right.

#30     Feb 9, 2013