Is The GOP Just Democrat Lite?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 15, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

An interesting conclusion from Rush. If he is correct on this the GOP is done.
    ----

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Friday put forth a theory as to why the Republican Party is seemingly willing to pass “amnesty” and create millions of “instant Democrats.”

“The Republican Party is embarrassed by its own base,” Limbaugh said. “How many times have I sat here and reminded you of this?”

The radio host went on to tell a story about his first ever trip to the Hamptons where he was visiting a “famous American Republican.”

“After dinner on the deck, a guy comes up to me — and a name you’d know, I’m not gonna tell you who — punches me with his finger in the chest [and says], ‘What are you going to do about the Christians?’ Remember now, this is my first trip there,” Limbaugh explained.

He said the man complained about “pro-lifers” hurting the GOP with their stance on abortion.

“Some of the same people have done the same thing to me on gun control,” Limbaugh added, later reiterating that the Republican Party is “ashamed” of its own base.

“I assume that some Republicans think there is a new group of people that would become their base. If they just got rid of these pro-lifers, if they just got rid of this religious crowd, if they just got rid of the Christians, if they just got rid of these gun nuts.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...sty-and-create-millions-of-instant-democrats/

2. LEAPup

LEAPup

The no bullshit American people don't want typical politics among this BROKEN two party system. They want their Country back, and the ONLY people bringing that forth are Libertarians. Yes, Tea Party folks included.

3. jem

jem

sounds like McCain to me.

4. pspr

pspr

An old guy, for sure. One who has been beaten liberal by Democrap compromise BS.