Is the "Gold Rush" over?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by formikatrading, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Looks very weak over past 2 weeks.

2. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

its never over... theres money to be made in all market environments...

3. not all markets. It's showing a lot of weakness. Sure, it will go back up sometime, but the intermediate-term trend may have changed.

4. check rypmx. trend still intact. looks more like the normal correction right now. If so, we could see a buy signal in about 2 days.

5. I just finished selling the last of my gold so its probably going to continue on up.

6. I respect your opinion but the failure to make a new high combined with the move below the 50-day SMA with weakening indicators makes me think this may be more of an intermediate-term correction that could last weeks. We shall see.

7. I'm not concerned. Did a bit of nibbling just now. Just 500-1500 in each of my gold stocks. Nothing big, like $30k committed. Probably do another round about 3-5% lower if we get there.

Been waiting on a good pullback. Bought some gold futs too at 420-422.

Good luck guys.

8. bro59

bro59

This 425 area on gold has a lot of congestion. Just needs to consolidate imo.

9. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

yeah im an idiot, i didnt realise what forum i was in... i thought it was "trading" and you were speaking generally about the rise we've had... lol sorry...

10. Krudlow and Krapper single handedly called the top in the Metals Stocks late last week. Especially NEM

:eek:

#10     Jan 14, 2004