Is The Fed Listening? | ITK with Cathie Wood

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by The_Krakenite, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Released less than 24 hours ago...

qlai likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

(Disclaimer --- I have skipped through the video, not watched it all the way.)

You know what this is? It is the same video James Cordier made after his fund collapsed. So she is getting ahead of the curve here and making this video before her fund collapses.

GTFO of AARK. Stick a fork in it, she's done.

SunTrader likes this.
  3. lariati

lariati

Cathie is a master as long as you don't bet on her.

I don't know what else to say in English.

4. qlai

qlai

I think you skipped the whole thing, lol.

Very interesting. I kind of agree, Fed is causing unprecedented shocks to the system and will most likely back off.

5. schizo

schizo

Powell will likely raise another 25 bps at their March meeting but will not be raising any more after that.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

That would be the PRUDENT thing to do. Do the raise of 25 BPS everyone expected, but then just back off, and say to the world, "We are now going to stop raising, and see what our rapid rate hike hell hath wrought upon the world."

If he does not message that now with banks breaking, and continues on with "we have not wrought enough hell because we do not know what hell we have wrought, because we do not understand the lagging effects of our hell", this market will drop below Oct lows, we will have a recession, and the markets will be killed for years.

Powell is becoming obtuse. He must pause NOW! NOW NOW NOW! It is so easy to see, a caveman can do it.

nitrene likes this.
  7. schizo

schizo

Yeah, like I need a reminder from you. Dude, I've been saying that since 2019 (and don't say I didn't because you know I did)!!

Powell's such a laggard. He can't read into the future. He needs to see all the stars line up perfectly before making any move.

Maybe this is why he wants to act all tough now because he literally f*cked up last year by waiting until the inflation went through the roof.

nitrene likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

2019 and now are two completely different universes in all forms. Monetary, fiscal, political, racial, it blows the mind.

You should delete your post, because it is asstastic to think that the FOMC was doing something "wrong" in 2019 which led to where the monetary world is today. Why don't you review in your mind how much the world has changed since then.

otctrade likes this.
  9. schizo

schizo

Had Powell started raising rates earlier as in late-2020, we wouldn't be in this mess. The entire team at FOMC live in an ivory tower. They know nothing! (to borrow Jim Cramer's 2008 rant)

Nobert likes this.
  10. nitrene

nitrene

With the collapse of a prominent SF Bay Area bank (SIVB) & the Fed just ignoring it says to me they will plow ahead with their inflation fighting agenda. I agree that Powell seems like he doesn't know what he's doing. He should have started raising rates 6 months after the vaccines hit the street.

There will be more blowups in the banking system especially the regional banks since they are now in a credit quandary -- its not worth it anymore to make loans with rising rates. Its the S&L's crisis in the making all over again. Deposits have become very expensive and that could create further runs on these banks. Crypto is not systemic but Regional Bank collapses would be.

#10     Mar 12, 2023
    lariati likes this.