Is the Fed buying stocks ?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trade2live, Oct 14, 2011.

1. pma

pma

*Hits the nail on the head*:D

#11     Oct 15, 2011
  2. hayman

hayman

It continues to be a "kick the can down the road" philosophy, which delays the inevitable. And yes, Europe has now joined the party. One day (and it may this year, next year, or in 5 years), we are going to see a mass implosion of world and capital markets. Gold @ $ 1,680/ounce will look like a steal when that day comes.

#12     Oct 15, 2011
  3. yes, they buy stocks indirectly thru bond purchases which forces people to buy higher risk assets when comparative riskless yields are too low. like how china and russia sells arms indirectly to iran through north korea.

Operation twist POMO started the same exact day the rally started. Coincidence?

#13     Oct 15, 2011
  4. I am not sure if any body noticed but the volume on Friday the 21st during the first two minutes (9:31 and 9:32 AM ) was close to 85+ million?

My math could be wrong but that is little less one Trillion dollars. I arrived to this number by: 85M * 11,500 = 977,500,000

Who has this much money to buy?

Who ever it was, I believe their intention was to cause a short squeeze and to push the market up despite of the bad news in Europe.

#14     Oct 22, 2011