Is the European Union doomed?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jficquette, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Russia is actually acting rationally.

They are exploiting the weakness of the U.S. because of the drain the Iraq War has taken, are seeking to control their borders and minimize U.S. influence there via 'missile shields' or natural gas or oil infrastructure located in former satellite states, and they baited Georgia by using an uprising in South Ossetia in textbook fashion, giving them a nearly ideal cacus belli.

They should be careful to wage their strategic campaign with 'moderate' tactics, however, lest they erode their own strategy.

#51     Aug 18, 2008
  2. toc

toc

'They should be careful to wage their strategic campaign with 'moderate' tactics, however, lest they erode their own strategy.'

I think Russian strategy is to cut Georgia into half and absorb one half. Majority of the folks in 3 regions want to break away anyways.

#52     Aug 18, 2008
  3. Cesko,

I remember back when they built that pipleline and you are right. Reagan tried to warn the dumbasses.

What do you think should be done now???

John

#53     Aug 18, 2008
  4. Let me ask a sterile question, and please disregard the manner by which the fighting is taking place in Georgia, and the rights and wrongs of the acts of combat there (a difficult request, I know).

Does anyone think Russia is not acting exactly as a rational nation-state, given the stakes involved given current geopolitics?

Answer that one question.

The U.S. needs to engage Russia at this moment, rather than antagonizing her with constant talk of missile shields in Poland and the Czech Republic.

NATO is obsolete given Bush's unilateralism of the last 8 years.

#54     Aug 19, 2008
  5. toc

toc

'Does anyone think Russia is not acting exactly as a rational nation-state, given the stakes involved given current geopolitics?'

Something has pissed off the Russians very bad. Angry Russians are a bad pill.

Engaging Russia?...........means nuke, nukes and more nukes. Why does not cocksucking NATO and US back from eastward expansion. US is not being rational here and will pay for it!

#55     Aug 19, 2008
  6. toc

toc

Buy Low and Sell Lower!

why do not you understand that engaging Russia does not mean USAF led Desert Storm..............it means hot boiling 100 MegaTon H-Bombs all over the world. 10 such monsters and earth is doomed for next millions of years. Come to sense man!!!!!!!:mad:

#56     Aug 19, 2008
  7. Oh? And what about all the people who want(ed) to break away from Russia? The Russians didn't have a problem enforcing their territorial boundaries when Chechnya wanted to seperate. But when it's with another country, then SURE, they should be allowed to break away.

Please.

#57     Aug 19, 2008
  8. toc

toc

'But when it's with another country, then SURE, they should be allowed to break away. '

Russia is a major power. Major powers have different rights than stupid Georgia or Chechenya.
    :D

Go to your American masters and learn some more double standards! Might even get few extra dimes in tips!

#58     Aug 19, 2008
  9. Ummm....yeah.

You can read 'engagement' any way you choose.

I think any normal interpretation of my statement based on what I wrote meant 'diplomatic' engagement.

I've only been making the case that the U.S. has been antagonizing Russia for years with 'missile shield' talk and by backing former satellite states throughout this whole thread.

#59     Aug 19, 2008
  10. Who says I'm American?

You speak like the typical Russian I know (after living in Moskva for so long) who truly knows zero about the world other than what channel 1 tells them.

Durak.

#60     Aug 19, 2008