Is the European Union doomed?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jficquette, Jun 23, 2008.

1. IluvVol

IluvVol

so you would not agree that Hitler despite many of his other completely unexcusable and irrevokable political decisions was one of the grandest minds in terms of battle field strategies?
    Interesting because then you would disagree with most historians.
    Maybe you should try to accept that not all is entirly black and white. And nobody argued that talent, smarts, or hard work will always be used to the betterment of this world. Maybe time for you to face reality?

BTW, my comment about "no approval nor disapproval" was about my not getting involved in judging the person himself. But if it cools your mind (and I guess thats the corner from where you come) I can assure you that I object to any kind of anti-semitism and that I vehemently object to any justification of what has been done to the Jewish communities in Europe and elsewhere during, but not limited to, the 3rd Reich.

#31     Aug 17, 2008
  2. Hum...have fun ! ==>>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fzuinISI9Bk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fzuinISI9Bk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#32     Aug 17, 2008
  3. Hitler was a dumb ass. Had he left the war up to his generals the outcome may have been different at least relative to Russia.

The reason Germany didn't have the bomb is because Hitler diverted the resources to other programs primarily the V-2. He never had confidence in the Atomic Bomb.

John

#33     Aug 17, 2008
  4. Out of nothing? His military and financing practically came from USA & Britain. Big chunk of the Blue Chips created their initial wealth from building Hitler's war machine.

#34     Aug 17, 2008
  5. Authors even did not noticed that Vaclav Havel is not Czech president - long time.
    Any European student will be deeply ashamed making similar mistake.
    Ok, not everybody must know it - but if you are writing such article you can not allow such "blunder".

#35     Aug 17, 2008
  6. IluvVol

IluvVol

It gets better and better ;-)

Now the US and Britain financed Hitler? Hmm...must have missed out on something. But fact is that a few (not a big chunk) of large German corporations, among others IG Farben, supported the regime out of their own volition. Others who did not oblige were simply "nationalized" and then "utilized". But the US and UK certainly did not finance the Hitler regime, but I am happy if you could point us to your sources. Upon the requirements made in part by France Germany was pretty much stripped off its entire heavy industry after the first world war.

#36     Aug 17, 2008
  7. IluvVol

IluvVol

I disagree. Otherwise how could a dumb ass invade pretty much all of Europe, Northern Africa, and almost entire Russia? The deciding battles in Russia were lost for lack of fresh resources which was almost entirely attributable to another new front that the regime was forced to supply as well.

Hitler was a dumb ass. Had he left the war up to his generals the outcome may have been different at least relative to Russia.

The reason Germany didn't have the bomb is because Hitler diverted the resources to other programs primarily the V-2. He never had confidence in the Atomic Bomb.

John
    [/QUOTE]

#37     Aug 17, 2008
  8. collectivism will always fail. 100 individuals making 100 decisions will produce better results than 10 groups of 10 making 10 decisions.

#38     Aug 17, 2008

9. :D :D :D

#39     Aug 17, 2008
  10. Balljet

Balljet

"I've been saying this for years now. You cannot have one central bank trying to instill monetary policy on a collective economic system that has entirely different micro economical facets."

Hmmmmm...
    In which way is the US different. The south, west, midwest have a lot in common? I think not.. I remember a war not too long ago.. lol!!
    Also, please explain the fantastic economic mess the US is in??? A crumbling infra structure, educational system, medical sytem and an aging population with no funds left. Sounds real good!!
    Housing market fallen apart and commercial properties following in their footsteps..
    We haven't seen the bottom yet. When consumerism dies, and it will, jobs will be lost.
    I believe the whole world will have to adjust in coming years..

#40     Aug 17, 2008