Is the economy doomed?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Bhr17, May 27, 2022.

1. zdreg

zdreg

The bible as well as the Constitution has stood the test of time. Do you feel the same way about the US Constitution?

#21     May 29, 2022
    Trader Curt likes this.
  2. The bible is a fairy tale book, the Constitution not so much. Although at least one amendment should be reconsidered.

#22     May 29, 2022
    stochastix and albion like this.
  3. zdreg

zdreg

1. not so much is vague
    2. which amendment?

#23     May 29, 2022
  4. The one mostly in the news.

#24     May 29, 2022
  5. Whether the Bible and other religious books are made up or divinely inspired, you can be sure they have wisdom.

#25     May 29, 2022
    Trader Curt likes this.
  6. albion

albion

Agreed. Although the bible does contain some wise commentary on current events:

“And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.” - Isaiah 1:15

#26     May 29, 2022
  7. Tokenz

Tokenz

Well you need to be reading Revelations then. Just about everything happening in this world right now was written in that book.

All this money that we spend so much time and effort collecting, will be worth nothing in the end.

#27     May 29, 2022
  8. No, it does not , fuck the Bible . Now, the tao te ching has wisdom. God commands people to literally eat shit in the Bible. Funny weird stuff

#28     May 29, 2022
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

LOL back to?

I'd like to go back to when the United States had a real manageable national debt. Eff the year to year deficit subterfuge.

#29     May 30, 2022
  10. piezoe

piezoe

What you call the national debt is actually the national savings. If there is no government deficit then there is no surplus on the private sector side. No deficit means everything the government spends into the private sector has been withdrawn back out of the private sector in taxes and fees. if you want anything left after you pay you taxes the government must run a deficit. put that in your pipe and smoke it.

if the government runs a surplus, the private sector must run a deficit. There has been 7 periods of government surpluses in our nations history. Six were followed by depressions, and one, the most recent, was followed by a serious recession. Why do you suppose that is?

The only way for the government to run a surplus without running a deficit in the economy is by running a positive current account balance. The U.S. can not run a positive current account balance because the Dollar is the reserve currency. Consequently, the government must run regular deficits if the economy is to run regular surpluses.

#30     May 30, 2022