Is the drop the last 2 days a buyable dip or the start of a huge drop?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bonds, Jun 20, 2013.

1. clacy

clacy

And it will have to continue. They cannot let rates rise. Higher rates will crumble the housing market, and cause stocks to head back towards 700 on the S&P.

#11     Jun 20, 2013
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yes, but just a hint that the Fed may taper off bond buying a little...somewhere down the road...is enough to cause a big drop in practically all asset classes. That's what the Fed is up against. I wonder if anyone really wants to take Biscuit-eatin' Ben's place?

#12     Jun 20, 2013
  3. This is the internet where the cynical are plenty. I don't know which way it will go, but I know what most people on this forum will say.

#13     Jun 20, 2013
  4. What ever happened to Lucias? I miss reading him talk about how he was the greatest trader in the world, yet couldn't seem to get it going well on his simulator.

#14     Jun 20, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Who would want to follow the Bearded Blunder?

#15     Jun 20, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL! What housing market was this again? The one that investment funds are driving?

#16     Jun 20, 2013
  7. How difficult it is to press a few buttons on a computer to buy bonds?
    Oh, no, the S&P is down 5%. I gotta buy more bonds!

#17     Jun 20, 2013
  8. clacy

clacy

Ya pretty much. That and the fact that we're pretty much back to NINJA loans again.

#18     Jun 20, 2013
  9. Yes it is at the moment. Traders though always look forward. The market is pricing in the tapering of bond buying. Even though it's six months away.

#19     Jun 20, 2013
  10. There are 3000 more DJIA points to go on the downside-- minimum.

surf

#20     Jun 20, 2013