Is the correction over?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Mar 20, 2007.

Is the correction over

1. Yes, its over.

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No, more to come.

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Sandisk is a mofo of a stock. It sets traps with alarming regularity.

I just had to get that off my chest since all you bastards were talking about difficult stocks and volatility.

I will never again let Sandisk take advantage of my bunghole.

That is all.

#21     Mar 21, 2007
  2. My $.02

The precedant for corrections has been set time and time again. The bears are STILL in control until we break the 61% fib line ..and arguably unless we go to a new high !

Look at the past corrections and you can clearly see that most of the time there is a healthy bounce back up to a point which we are still not at ( but very close).

it took 24 days for the bottom to hit back in '06. That was an 8% correction

it took 30 days for the bottom to hit back in '05. That was a 7.5% correction.

it took 111 days for the bottom to hit back in '04. That was a 8.5% correction with a series of lower highs and lower lows.

I could go on and history backs up that THIS is too quick for a rally to resume !

We had a 6.5% correction over the past 16 days...now tell me... with the economy as unhealthy as it is..do we really think that this is over ? I dont...

And Im no permabear.. I just call it like I see it.

IMHO sell the bounces !

PS. Look at the longer term charts for China and Japan.. they are VERY toppy regardless of some short term strength recently. It only take one day to fall again...

#22     Mar 21, 2007
  3. hels02

hels02

I agree sell the bounces... but buy the dips... otherwise what are you selling into the bounces :D ?

#23     Mar 21, 2007
  4. We're going higher today

and if not today then next week

either way, 52 week highs in a few months

#24     Mar 21, 2007