Is the coming Social Security/Medicare crisis REALLY that worrisome?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Daal, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Sort of like John Kerry who's hag billionare wife paid 10% in taxes.

John

#21     Oct 2, 2006
  2. Thanks again and that makes sense to me.

#22     Oct 2, 2006
  3. You know, if you cut the military budget in half you could cover the shortfall(s) easily and still be spending more on guns than any other country in the world....

We can only hope that simple cures for all those diseases are out there in 30 years -- I'll be 74 if I'm still here. Personally, I'm quite skeptical but I certainly won't turn it down if it shows up.

#23     Oct 2, 2006
  4. And we are exactly 47.2 years away from changing the weather at will, traveling backwards through time, cloning ourselves through quantum superposition, breathing underwater, synthesizing entire galactic systems from genetically-engineered goat livers, and resurrecting Nixon.

#24     Oct 2, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

This is NO joke. In 2005, the Turkish government knocked 6-zeros off of the currency... 6-FREAKIN' ZEROS!! That is, a cup of coffee which formerly cost 3,000,000 Lira... then cost 3, "New Lira". Any Turkish citizen with Turkish fiat assets was WIPED OUT!

Same fate is in store for US citizens... the only question is "when"?

#25     Oct 2, 2006
  6. LT701

LT701

plus, by then we'll all have our own personal spaceships, and can go to other galaxies for healthcare

#26     Oct 2, 2006
  7. Meet George Jetson.

John

#27     Oct 2, 2006
  8. We're still working on the Nixon resurrection.....it's rather 'tricky.' :p

#28     Oct 2, 2006
  9. #29     Oct 3, 2006