Is the CBOT down?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sammybea, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Steve is on the money..

#31     Aug 4, 2006
  2. Urkel

Urkel

Technology isnt perfect? WTF man! I cant believe it! Entire exchange isnt down anyways go trade in the pit.

#32     Aug 4, 2006
  3. my thoughts exactly.........i feel for you john,what a helpless feeling.................i guess they have enough people leaning one way so now they`re going to trap them..........literally.

if i had to be trapped one way or the other...........it would definitely be short,without a doubt..........more room to move ,IMO.

steve

#33     Aug 4, 2006
  4. Any one piece of technology isn't perfect, of course. But all backups to the 'main' piece of technology?

When your entire electronic business is technology based, how does a company like the ECBOT not have tons of backups to prevent the stoppage of all electronic business?

Seriously, how does this happen?

#34     Aug 4, 2006
  5. john99

john99

I'm hedging on the ES, just made $120. The day isn't over yet. Good luck all trapped YM traders.

#35     Aug 4, 2006
  6. Would feel A LOT better if the ES can take out 1290.

#36     Aug 4, 2006
  7. The CBOT Information Hotline provides no news - yet.

#37     Aug 4, 2006

8. i was wondering the same. these manipulations are either lining pockets, prolonging a correction or both. what would be natural free-market selloffs will be irrevocable economic damage instead. so be it. that's the tragic flaw of the political and economic system we have

watching it consume itself should be disturbing, but i guess stealing is just nature

#38     Aug 4, 2006
  9. Those of you who were short prior to it going down will thank the ECBOT for forcing you to hold on to your shorts longer :)

when it opens back upm all you'll see is green in your account adn red on the YM.

#39     Aug 4, 2006
  10. can't call? thats wierd. phones down also,or only certain people have access?

#40     Aug 4, 2006