Is the CBOT down?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sammybea, Aug 4, 2006.

1. john99

john99

Q's are going to retest lows

#21     Aug 4, 2006
  2. Calling IB to send all the funds in Account # U2359339 to a new address... :D

#22     Aug 4, 2006
  3. john99

john99

You guys suck,,,at least you will have more money since the ES is tanking now

#23     Aug 4, 2006
  4. Atleast this will stop people from taking their profits too quickly.

#24     Aug 4, 2006
  5. Could this have affected platforms connected to CME too? I ask because my friend on Ninja Zen/Dorman couldn't log in around the same time on CME ES e mini. When she called to complain they had alot of ppl down that were in trades and told here that only TT and CTS T4 didn't go down? I am just trying to get some input because I was considering giving Ninja another go but with TT data instead of Dorman/Zen. TIA

Dan

#25     Aug 4, 2006
  6. john99

john99

What do you guys think, call the pits for some profit or wait to see if the ES breaks 1289.5?

#26     Aug 4, 2006
  7. Surdo

Surdo

ES trades on GLOBEX on the CME, not the eCBOT!

#27     Aug 4, 2006
  8. No kidding friend? Re-read my post and don't speed read this time...

Could this have affected platforms connected to CME too? I ask because my friend on Ninja Zen/Dorman couldn't log in around the same time on CME ES e mini. When she called to complain they had alot of ppl down that were in trades and told here that only TT and CTS T4 didn't go down? I am just trying to get some input because I was considering giving Ninja another go but with TT data instead of Dorman/Zen. TIA

Dan

So I ask again is it possible that a ECBOT issue brought down some order platforms such as NT running CME orders. My friend complained about ECME issues the same time you guys posted ECBOT issues?

Dan

#28     Aug 4, 2006
  9. john99

john99

Turns out I can't call the pits, and close the trade,,,so I'm basically relying on hope at this point,,,I should be hedging myself right now. Looks like we got a descending triangle formation on the Q's currently at the top trend line,,,hmmm

#29     Aug 4, 2006
  10. I've got to say - HOW does an entire exchange just stop working? I mean, that's all they do on the ECBOT is move data. And what exactly happens short of a terrorist attack on every piece of (hopefully collocated) infastructure to cause an entire market to stop trading?

Seriously, aren't there at least a half dozen backups in place to prevent the entire exchange from shutting down?

If somebody has an idea how this can happen, please enlighten me.

#30     Aug 4, 2006