Is the bookstore dead, or is AMZN just evil?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Oct 17, 2011.

Is Amazon going to drive B&N out of business?

1. Yes.

58 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. I don't know.

10 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. I don't care.

14 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. %%
    WMT still has a good book section; local libraries under cut AMZN, not just with library card.LOL They do book sales with no postage.

#131     Oct 4, 2018
    dealmaker likes this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

With all the "PDF" sites popping up with free or very low priced offerings, which most likely illegal? Like what author is ok giving away their books for free when their publishers are charging $60 at Amazon? But I can see where Amazon sales one day end up on the decline.

Barnes and Noble going to end up like K-Mart, just impossible to compete when you have huge leases on buildings. And most go to read books and if interested check out amazon.

Problem of buying on-line is hassle of returns, you can't always find a store that you can see if it is what you want. So you are then buying an unknown and hoping it is the best of what you want.

#132     Oct 5, 2018
  3. destriero

destriero

Handle123 reads the book and returns it to B&N. Books are a commitment, Bro. Like condoms.

#133     Oct 5, 2018
  4. Will you still be a bibliophile if all you're books are on a hard drive?

#134     Oct 5, 2018
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

#135     Apr 30, 2019
  6. %% I never buy food @ AMZN;
    local buys+ garden growing LOL.:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool: I give away more books than i buy now LOL

#136     May 1, 2019
    dealmaker likes this.