Is the Bear market that began January 2022 over?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by margin_gamble, Aug 3, 2022.

Is the Bear market that began January 2022 over?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2022.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. Don't know

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BEAR market rally's ultimate precedent, the 1929 crash ...............

The 1st leg down tore 'em a new one, just like SPX drop from Jan 4th this year. They were petrified even worse than the Petrified Forests. They prayed and prayed for a reprieve. The reprieve came mid November. As the bear rally continued the calls grew louder and louder for a new or continued bull market and this went on and on like today for our current bear rally that started June 16

The bear rally fooled ME by going past 61.8% but then I guessed 50% would contain the Tigress. It did. :):):) Reversal occurred.

Then started the screeching and high frequency wailing of the torn asunder traders and investors as Mr. Relentless aka Wave 3 nailed every orifice. On and on and on it continued seeming to never end

Until Overnight threw in the FA towel and made the phone call to yours truly in 1930 to step in and intervene :D:D:D:D

Being an FA guy he expected a 1,000+ pages of hocus-pocus gobbledeegook but was shocked to receive just one page with the weekly chart of the Dow Jones showing that the place to look for a halt of the decline after 161.8% would be 178.6%. Note: the grid on the left was then copied and moved to where the grid on the right is. Its called wave measurement technique. It worked! 161.8% is the first place you wait for. If no joy, then 178.6% is next.

square root of 0.618 = 0.786

Boom! Nailed it!

#281     Aug 11, 2022
  2. Great Depression 1st leg down

upload_2022-8-11_16-37-58.png

#282     Aug 11, 2022
  3. Great Depression entire run to the 1932 low

upload_2022-8-11_16-38-58.png

#283     Aug 11, 2022
  4. Overnight

Overnight

You are making no sense. Then I checked your profile, and see you have been on the forum for exactly 1 month. Then I saw where you claim you are from.

I do not know what your fascination is with me. Are you a previous poster that has gone on tilt?

#284     Aug 11, 2022

5. Trivia: How many ET guys were wiped out with their LONGs on the bear rally that they were calling a new bull market in 1929 bear rally and put their life savings into the thrust?

All were wiped out except for Overnight.

It was back then in 1932 that Overnight realized this about me: :):):D:sneaky:

It was many years ago that I became what I am
    I was trapped in this life like an innocent lamb
    Now I can never show my face at noon
    So you will only see me walking by the light of the moon

The brim of my hat hides the eye of a beast
    I've the face of a sinner but the hands of a priest

The Thai girl walks everyday to the supermarket to buy her things
    She is innocent and young from a family of NO means
    I've stood many times outside her window at night
    To struggle with my instinct in the pale lamplight

How can I be this way when I pray to God above
    I must love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love

[​IMG]

#285     Aug 11, 2022

6. :D:D:D:D

#286     Aug 11, 2022

7. I never have made sense to you. Nothing new. :):):D

#287     Aug 11, 2022
  8. We are up at 23 NO votes as of now. Yippie kai yeh

#288     Aug 11, 2022
  9. I believe I have reached the threshold of Overnight's Tolerance zone for banter and humor of the 3rd kind. :D:D Just wanted to see where it was, how far below 4.0 max. on the Tone Scale. So, now my estimation is a good guess at 3.65. A very good score indeed. :)

#289     Aug 11, 2022
  10. BEAR rally over for India?

If so, expect Wave 3 down tomorrow or very very soon

It will be brutal

see the Index S&P BSE Sensex

#290     Aug 11, 2022