Is the Bear market that began January 2022 over?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by margin_gamble, Aug 3, 2022.

Is the Bear market that began January 2022 over?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2022.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. Don't know

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I get the feeling that after such a powerful rally the vast majority or perhaps even 99.9% of ET say the BEAR is over. Please vote

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. My vote is 100% NO.
    The BEAR will resume soon within day or days and will retrace the entire current bear rally within a few days and take out the June 16 low and continue south.

I have no reservations about this.

Wave 3, the most devastating wave, begins in a day or days from now. Today is Wednesday August 3, 2022

Dow Jones daily chart

[​IMG]

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I voted yes simply because I cannot stand bears. I hate you people who desire for people to lose their life-savings by having to sell their 401Ks so they can survive inflation.

Fuck YOU dudes!

Unfortunately, the bear trend will not end until the Fed gives a sure sign that QT is on a true pause. That is my opine. Gonna' be a funny Q3.

4. zghorner

zghorner

voted no, she's got one more good leg down in her.

I also felt the same way about the covid drop as well, stayed short waaaaaay too long and got my ass handed to me so...SPY will probably be @ $500 in a few months.

5. It's not that I desire for those people to lose money, it's that I don't want comfort to be rewarded. Owners of capital are not better than the rest of us and they should have to work just like everyone else.

Laissez Faire likes this.
  6. The mistake you made was you didn't realize the fed owns the market. Don't make that mistake again. When the fed starts expanding the balance sheet again, this market will go to a fucking moon in Andromeda.

7. ET180

ET180

I think it goes a bit further unless there's some major catalyst such as China / Taiwan conflict. Too many people still bearish.

8. zghorner

zghorner

yes, also learned...don't trade options if you don't know wtf you are doing (not nearly as bad if using correct position sizing, which I didn't)...capital preservation is of supreme importance so cutting losers really is as important as they say...greed is real and I got it...and a few more common rules that I ignored because I have to learn everything the hard way.

taowave and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  9. TheDawn

TheDawn

It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Did you hear the fat lady sing?

10. Fat lady = Powell.

#10     Aug 4, 2022
    ElCubano likes this.