Is the American Empire on the brink of a swift and total collapse?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Bolts

Bolts

This thread is quite amazing. OK, I realize we have a doom and gloom thread on ET every day, but this one got 9 pages of posts within 12 hours. The contrarian in me certainly thinks America will do just fine.

#51     Aug 2, 2010
  2. dalengo

dalengo

Noam Chomsky Has ‘Never Seen Anything Like This’

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/noam_chomsky_has_never_seen_anything_like_this_20100419/

Posted on Apr 19, 2010

By Chris Hedges
    “It is very similar to late Weimar Germany,” Chomsky told me when I called him at his office in Cambridge, Mass. “The parallels are striking. There was also tremendous disillusionment with the parliamentary system. The most striking fact about Weimar was not that the Nazis managed to destroy the Social Democrats and the Communists but that the traditional parties, the Conservative and Liberal parties, were hated and disappeared. It left a vacuum which the Nazis very cleverly and intelligently managed to take over.”
    “The United States is extremely lucky that no honest, charismatic figure has arisen,” Chomsky went on. “Every charismatic figure is such an obvious crook that he destroys himself, like McCarthy or Nixon or the evangelist preachers. If somebody comes along who is charismatic and honest this country is in real trouble because of the frustration, disillusionment, the justified anger and the absence of any coherent response. What are people supposed to think if someone says ‘I have got an answer, we have an enemy’? There it was the Jews. Here it will be the illegal immigrants and the blacks. We will be told that white males are a persecuted minority. We will be told we have to defend ourselves and the honor of the nation. Military force will be exalted. People will be beaten up. This could become an overwhelming force. And if it happens it will be more dangerous than Germany. The United States is the world power. Germany was powerful but had more powerful antagonists. I don’t think all this is very far away. If the polls are accurate it is not the Republicans but the right-wing Republicans, the crazed Republicans, who will sweep the next election.”

Like all-American moron Carly Fiorina adored by Orange county and sisters and brothers in arms of this degenerating plutocracy.

#52     Aug 2, 2010
  3. Jeff700

Jeff700

Dude you need a reality check. Both political parties need a reality check. Which is exactly why USA will collapse.

Chinese families are not momentum traders of Gold, they are long term investors. This is how they keep their savings, in coins.

Have you seen long term gold chart. You think Chinese care that it went 150 points down from high

They don't care when it goes 300 points off the high, they will still hold their savings in gold and not in paper money.

That's the reality check you need and don't worry, reality will soon come knocking.

USA has another year to exist, after that we probably will have food rationing and civil war. As for our AIPAC Jewish friends, they will escape and let you rot in your own country.

#53     Aug 2, 2010
  4. Jeff700

Jeff700

In the mean time USA just passed a new bill.

When you buy gold over 600 bucks, government gets to know WHO you are and HOW MUCH you bought exactly.

LLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

USA deserves to collapse

#54     Aug 2, 2010
  5. with the current state of affairs isn't it many multiples more likely that the white male will be made the scapegoat rather than the victor in this process. open your eyes to the rampant racism that has been embraced by our society. it isn't the anti-ILLEGAL-immigration that is truly gaining support- but the demands for "well-rounded" "cultural diversity".

#55     Aug 2, 2010
  6. Jeff700

Jeff700

I see civil war on the horizon. While we are well fed we are willing to put up with all the evils of USA as well as rest of the world.

But when our tummies start crying, people will start cracking

#56     Aug 2, 2010
  7. Momo`s will try and pick tops in anything...

#57     Aug 2, 2010
  8. black market in gold trade is coming soon if true

#58     Aug 2, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

unlikely..something like this will be adopted very quickly-

http://www.the-privateer.com/1933-gold-confiscation.html

#59     Aug 2, 2010
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

"In Matthew 24:21-22, Jesus says that there would come a time of unequaled suffering. Many people have offered their opinions about this prophecy, claiming that it has already happened, or that it is happening, or that it will happen in the future. Some opinions involve claims of widespread disease and famine, or terrorism, or nuclear war, etc. And, so, it can be easy to overlook the good news contained in this prophecy: No matter what happens in this world, no matter how bad things get, God ultimately is in control. And, as we learn from other verses, such as John 3:16, no matter what happens, those who believe in Jesus are given the gift of salvation and eternal life with God."

#60     Aug 2, 2010