Is the American Dream is over?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 11, 2011.

Is the American Dream is over?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    77.9%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  1. its not only still alive, its thriving. With billions floating around in the economy that needs to go someplace, you just need to reach out and grab some. remember its not resources but resourcefulness that differentiates the winners from the losers.

surf

#11     Apr 11, 2011
  2. you need to wake up to see it is a dream. I mean American dream.

Unfortunately, most people are sleeping with eyes still open.

wake up.

#12     Apr 11, 2011
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

only heard of Native American Indians able to do that

#13     Apr 11, 2011
  4. That is traditional, normal and healthy.

#14     Apr 11, 2011
  5. The American dream is Alive a kicking, if your in the proper industry, in a state that is favorable to the hard working person and individuals who own their own business.

The fact of the reality is: If you live in a "Blue State" your fucked, your money is overly taxed and jobs are fleeing those areas.

Location, location, location are not only the three key words for RE but also for those who want to find their American Dream.

If you like the SCUMBAG LIBERALS and PROGRESSIVE IDEAS....then you will enjoy the NORTH EAST, Parts of the MIDWEST and Parts of the WEST COAST.

Enjoy the HOPE AND CHANGE!

DRILL BABY DRILL!

#15     Apr 11, 2011
  6. Just gotta find that money tree, they are all over the garden.

Unfortunately the gatekeeper of the garden requires that you are a Fed member bank before you get access.

#16     Apr 11, 2011
  7. Handle123

Handle123

The American dream is alive and kicking for those who are willing to get off their lazy asses and work for it, there is no money tree. When you are young, take some chances and if it fails, keep plugging away, you have time on your side and hopefully no debt.

I see too many "kids" not willing to work. People come from outside America make something of themselves, too many kids of Babyboomers use to getting it without work, there is the problem.

#17     Apr 11, 2011
  8. Nice, ER! is that off of texas? Looks almost like the UAE.

surf

#18     Apr 11, 2011
  9. The problem is you have to work 15 times more to reach to the same goal compared to 1960s

capiche?

Now that is not a dream but a nightmare if you ask me

#19     Apr 11, 2011
  10. Handel 123-

I agree with your statement. In fact, just look at this site alone.
    How many on this site have the pipe dream of trading from market open to close and making millions?

Then how about the group that thinks they will make it in the top 6 figure range with just those hours?

Then the cold hard fact slaps them in the face.

I work harder in the sense of "Brain Power" and "Negotiation" skills than I ever did as a trader. I work long hours some days, short hours on others and take weeks of vacation when wanted.

However, I work my ass off to make the kind of income that I do.
    The American Dream is alive for many of my friends.

However, the fact is being in the typical Job Sector as 90% of the rest of the country is not the way to make money. Hence the attraction of "Trading".

Bottom line is, you either make money or you struggle. That is the
    present and future of the work force in America.

#20     Apr 11, 2011