Is the American Dream is over?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 11, 2011.

Is the American Dream is over?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    77.9%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  1. The common American dream, of going to college, working hard, getting a good job, owning a home and a car, raising a family in a nice neighborhood, having one nice vacation a year...week long or more.

I read an artilce that due to the lost decade +2 years more...those under age 35, 30% are still living with their parents...and across all sectors they have done worse financially speaking then their parents....they are behind the 8 ball in their financial lives (and wealthy building) and many haven't even ventured out on their own.

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

if youre going to spam all this shit, cant you do it in grammatically correct english?

3. zdreg

zdreg

you should learn the definition of spam.

4. "35-year olds living at home with their parents" are part of Odumbo's plan to "fundamentally transform America... with hope and change".

:mad:

5. zdreg

zdreg

it is all part of Obama's plan to make everyone dependent on the government. I am positive that obama is an admirer of juan peron and is trying to copy him.

6. I agree 100%. Many people (not all) learn words such as spam, troll, idiot, lunatic, retard and thousands of other words. But they do not know the true meaning of the words and they use and post the words blindly and recklessly and someday they end up in big and serious trouble when they use the wrong words for wrong person without knowing who is that person.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

its fitting that you and bearice think alike. youre both contribute absolutely zero of worth in common sense to this forum.

8. Elitetrader has 100,000 members and I think only 300 members have problems with bearice and Zdreg.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

that's because ET has only 300 active users. the other 99,700 are made up of members no longer here and defunct (50,000 or so), duplicates of other members (approx. 40,000) and the other 9,700 (estimate, of course) are cold/c-kid, marketsurfer and auto-register marketing bots.

in fact, if you, zdreg and c-kid got together it would be perfect. the three amigos of worthlessness.

10. kipster

kipster

the american dream ... it's still there as long
    as you look in the right places.

i think what would be good is to get a corporate job
    and get sent overseas...compensation is usually really good.

#10     Apr 11, 2011