Is Texas the best state in which to live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bond_trad3r, Jun 19, 2010.

1. I live across the river from Portland, OR. Being raised in sunny California and having moved up here from sunny Phoenix, this place sucks for the weather. It's still cold and rainy and cloudy like winter. Absolutely shitty and terrible, really affecting my mood. We just got back from a weekend in Vegas, the sun and warm was wonderful. I think I might go back until the blue sky decides to stick around.

#31     Jun 19, 2010
  2. Yes, a terrible place to live. Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Devil's Tower, beautiful scenery, stable govt, reasonable costs, top fishing/hunting, not crowded, who would want all that?

Population is actually over 540,000.

Then there is this unreasonable thing "Unlike most other states, Wyoming does not levy an individual or corporate income tax. In addition, Wyoming does not assess any tax on retirement income earned and received from another state. Wyoming has a state sales tax of 4%. "

http://www.wyomingtourism.org/thingstodo?view=List&features=(32601)

#32     Jun 19, 2010
  3. I'm sorry Texas is full now and can not complete your request at this time, please try again later. Seriously its getting crowded down here..

#33     Jun 20, 2010
  4. The list of states above are states with no income tax. Alabama is ranked 51 out of 50 on my life. What the hell could you spend your money on in a boring, bible-thumping, poverty-stricken state? No thanks!

San Antonio or Austin have enough carpetbaggers to make the place bearable while still enjoying all the other benefits that come from living in Texas. It's a best of both worlds.

I'm sure San Diego is nice, but it is not only immoral but a waste of money for 10% of your income to go towards state income taxes while you get a similar quality of life elsewhere and pay NOTHING.

I refuse to believe that San Diego is God's gift to the world thus worth coughing up the extra dough.

#34     Jun 20, 2010
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

What is NOT to like about Reno, NV? No state income tax, streets are not rolled up at 2100. Still have the change of seasons which in my world is very important because i love to see the wonders of spring, new life, green trees, flowers, etc, etc. I personally prefer colder weather, sure AZ and places like that are fine for many. But, TEXAS? No freaking way, overrun with pepper-belly runaways from their own country who seek revenge on the Texas white trash.

California is forever a draw, always will be.

I could like Santa Fe, NM as a small town but would feel isolated from any GOOD big city.

East of the Mississippi, Chicago wins out hands down.

Ok, Fathers day, off to pretend i will be good today for the sons, i hope i can refrain from letting the ex catch me with a smirk on my face when i see her fat ass. :eek: :D

PS: winter fashions are great, the women get dressed up in their best duds and us guys go crazy .............compare that to Texas fat slobs and half naked in public with shorts and sleeveless t-shirts from Wal-mart. Discusting to say the least. :mad:

#35     Jun 20, 2010
  6. I have to laugh at some of these comments about Texas. Every state has it's negatives, of course. Speaking as an outsider, Texas honeys are the best hands down. Obviously, it is a secret to some on this board.........lol.

#36     Jun 20, 2010
  7. I agree. Texas girls taste great!

#37     Jun 20, 2010
  8. i lived in jackson, wy

#38     Jun 20, 2010
  9. spd

spd

Vantucky??

Like I mentioned, I was born and raised in Houston, all my Portland friends are calling me to bitch about the cold and rain this late into summer, but Id kill to be home right now. Im stuck in Houston for the moment and the heat and humidity seems worse than it ever did when I was a teenager. Ahhh Portland, I miss your many bridges, your many microbrews, and your many amazing strains of weed.

#39     Jun 20, 2010
  10. Austin and Las Vegas is where I choose to live throughout the year. Austin is the ONLY town in Texas that I will live in (Dallas and HTown....been there done that....no thanks!). :)

#40     Jun 21, 2010