Is Texas the best state in which to live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bond_trad3r, Jun 19, 2010.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Apparently, you've never had to register a car there. (It ain't cheap.)

#21     Jun 19, 2010
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Jem...

You are one lucky man. If you ever have to leave just move up to San Luis Obispo. Really good in that area.

#22     Jun 19, 2010
  3. BSAM

BSAM

One super cold week a year??? Never figured you to be a heavy drinker, Pspr. Or, maybe your definition of super cold is a lot different than mine. Does it ever snow in Colorado? (DUH) ...Then it's super cold!!!

I always like these threads about living preferences. I can't understand how people can survive in really cold climates.

Can someone explain a little about the good qualities of Portland? I have never been there, but it seems to be popular with many. What's the tax situation like? State income tax, car registration, property tax, etc. Also, I believe it rains a lot there, no?

#23     Jun 19, 2010
  4. Hot weather and full of assholes who think Texas is God's gift to the world.

#24     Jun 19, 2010
  5. I hear Huntville is great place to live. Centered betweeen Bham, Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis. 6 hours from the Gulf, 90 mins from the Smoky Mountains. Also Central Time Zone. NASA is there. Tons of PHD's, Engineers. Los Alamos East.

#25     Jun 19, 2010
  6. Have you been to Wyoming? Its uninhabitable unless you are in Jackson. There's are reason there is only 300k in the entire state. Western South Dakota looks like ppl from Deliverance. I live in Denver and have driven alot through both. Western SD has nice trees and Mount Rushmore but nothing else. Nevada has the highest unemployment rate as of last week. My buddy is from NH but he said the summer are brutal with black flies and winter is very harsh. Texas if you can handle the heat and humidity depending on city maybe. Best state economically TX.

#26     Jun 19, 2010
  7. Right but the Gulf is going to be a toxic dump for a couple of decades.

#27     Jun 19, 2010
  8. MattF

MattF

Second based on the criteria we're using...I don't think those states have little or anything "against" to live :D

(maybe a blizzard or two in ND)

#28     Jun 19, 2010
  9. please don't invite anyone to san diego

#29     Jun 19, 2010
  10. Jym

Jym

Personally i've only lived in 2 states....Washington St. and Mississippi

WA St. is clearly the winner there hah

But Mississippi certainly has it advantages if you can find a decent job which is the main question here.
    The price of everyday life is just insanely cheap compared to other places around

Like my car insurance is only $21 a month, just got a new car license plate a couple weeks back and that was $25 bucks, and $500 a month will pay rent at a nice place that'd easily be a grand or 2 anywhere else

#30     Jun 19, 2010