Is Tapereading dead?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by listedguru, Mar 2, 2004.

1. One question, why was an 8yr old thread revived from the grave?

#41     Aug 4, 2012
  2. ehsmama

ehsmama

Man you need an MRI scan of your brain
    1000 meaningless lines in one post....You must be a wonder for brain surgeons
    They would love to study your brain..:D

#42     Aug 4, 2012
  3. ocean5

ocean5

he thinks that he gives a clue with his posts.

:D

same thing if i start writtings in Sanskrit and blame people stupid to not get me.what an utter shizoid that Hershey.seems like he`s really a brain damaged unit.

#43     Aug 4, 2012
  4. buzzie77

buzzie77

The problem now I find is most of the big blocks vanish in a millisecond on the book unlike a few years ago when you can watch the block starting to print off and it was a very clear signal which direction the stock was going. These algorithms absorb the entire blocks in one clip leaving you left out there with no support on the bid or ask (regarding scalping). In terms of reading the tape this was always my second indicator as everything is in 100 lots now and much harder to get a read on. I moved on from these old methodologies as it's no way to make a living.

#44     Aug 4, 2012
  5. They haven't but neuroscience PhD's have.

Surgeons are more like mechanics who just remove foreign material.

your miscount of lines (unless you have a very thin display), is worth checking into. you may have a focus problem. Put your finger on the screen and only move it every five lines as you try to keep your count accurate.

Or print the post and mark it with a pen or pencil or hiliter.

Keep trying to learn to count. Computers can do it for you. word count is popular and so is byte counting.

I posted a funny story about real tape reading of long ago. Today, it is still found as the basis of decision making.

Someday you will get interested in how accurate decision making is done.

#45     Aug 5, 2012
  6. You are just having an awakening.

Now that you have foundout filling orders is only a secondary statisitc in markets, you can begin to look at the games played by traders who have the right (they are rich and have big accounts) to try to deceive people such as you (chicken feed traders).

Not a good idea for me to explain the games that are played. It would take 1000 lines as counted by another lame brain.

#46     Aug 5, 2012
  7. buzzie77

buzzie77

i know what you mean as i have moved on to other strategies.

#47     Aug 5, 2012