Is Swisse the only safe haven left?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trading1, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hello
    Do you think CHF the only safe haven remaining at the moment? JPY is downgraded, USD is under pressure and the Euro seems frail.
    Perhaps other more risky currencies like the AUD may have less downside risk in this new environment?

2. I'm not really sure there is truly a "safe haven" currency anymore. I have been riding this USD/JPY short for the past couple of days, but I agree that the JPY could hardly be considered a safe haven. I suppose the CHF would be a good candidate right now for this label.

3. kashirin

kashirin

I believe CHF is a bubble
    CAD is better

Canada doesn't print. Currency backed by oil
    Bank of Canada hesitate to raise rates because they don't want CAD higher but soon they won't have a choice
    but it's even better
    because if you move into CAD now before major rates rise you can get more appreciation

4. I happen to agree, I am long CAD and intend to remain that way. I also like the stability. It seems odd considering the CAD as a safe haven but thats becoming the way I am viewing it.

Yes, CHF seems like a big bubble, I'm short CHF and expect it to decline next week, time will tell.

5. CHF is a bubble only if you believe things in Europe are OK. Personally, I prefer SEK and NOK.