Is SPY going to break out to the upside or downside? CHART!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Mar 9, 2011.

Where's it gonna go?

1. Up!

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. Down!

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. Stay in this range forever (sell short strangles!!!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JeffUSA

JeffUSA

My vote says down but it might continue to go sideways for a bit still.

#11     Mar 9, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Like clockwork man. You are so predictable. I guess on nights when the futures are up, you take the night off. LOL.

#12     Mar 9, 2011
  3. I actually have a small hedged put option vertical trade on the NASDAQ. Let's look at Apple which is one of the generals, I am also following RMBS. Apple starting around Dec 29 trends up to a HH. It then makes a HL and does not violate previous resistance which turned into support. We then see the final HH as of this moment of time above $ 360. of course I am not saying it will never get above this level.

However, we then see previous resistance fails to hold and Apple then makes a LL, but does not go below previous support. It then trends back up to the previous high but does not reach it, so makes a LH, and now is heading back down. I would call this slightly bearish. However, for a true bear to print, Apple needs to take out the support under $ 340/sh.

As for your chart, it is a triangle, and could break either way, but any of the following could cause bearish price action including more war in the Middle East or eventual rising of interest rates.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=AAPL&t=3m&l=on&z=l&q=l&p=&a=&c=

#13     Mar 10, 2011
  4. Slava_UT

Slava_UT

Àn equal number of people voted for upside and downside... Prepare for flat market?
    Denouement is being delayed too long. It is too boring to wait anymore.
    Maybe you try a bit more, to push it down? :) Without you, our market will never go down.

#14     Mar 10, 2011
  5. circoloco

circoloco

Downside.

A black swan..

#15     Mar 10, 2011
  6. downside break

OR IS IT A FAKEOUT?

#16     Mar 10, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I thought you were martingaling?

#17     Mar 10, 2011
  8. I buy index ETFs when price goes down.

I really don't care what price does as long as it continues to go up and down, up and down.

Doesn't mean I don't like looking at charts and trying to see if I can figure out what is going on.

#18     Mar 10, 2011