is spot fx better then future fx?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by hanzahar, Aug 24, 2007.

1. forex162

forex162

I don't really see how my post was offensive. The onus is clearly on you to describe why you claim IB cost you 20,000 dollars, and I said that. If you give a reasonable explanation of why firm XYZ should be avoided, then smart people may listen. Else you join the crowd of fools who jump on forums to claim they got screwed because they were unfamiliar with this or that about trading a specific market.

Do I defend IB? Not anymore than the next satisfied customer. In fact, this has little to do with IB specifically in this case. I take issue when people come on forums and say "FIRM XYZ BLOWS, AVOID AT ALL COSTS" without justification.

Like I said, lay forth your reasoning to avoid being labeled a fool.

#21     Sep 26, 2007
  2. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Forgot to mention....i use Ensign Windows for charting, Esignal for forex data..with MB Trading data as a data backup. Ensign offers free FXCM forex data with their charts, but I wouldnt even trust/allow FXCM to walk my dog for that matter.....

#22     Sep 26, 2007
  3. joemiami

joemiami Guest

forex162 ,

you mentioned you were not going to use IB for forex anymore....which ECN you going to use next?...just curious.

#23     Sep 26, 2007
  4. forex162

forex162

Yeah, I said that I was looking for alternatives to IB's IDEALPRO offering, but my own research to trading costs and opinions I've gathered from others have failed to sway me to another firm.

I think IB is great for forex, but I dislike the minimum commission structure of 2.50 per side. I'll typically trade in fairly large size for longer term positions, but I also like to scale in and out at 25-35K lots to build up/wind down positions. The minimum round-trip commission is 5 bucks... hardly great if you're only doing 25k at a time.

#24     Sep 26, 2007
  5. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I hear ya... I trade 30 - 50 $100,000 lots. so I dont pay much attn to the costs.....

#25     Sep 26, 2007
  6. joemiami

joemiami Guest

im sure you(like me) made some good $$$ on the Euro run these last few days...:D :D :D

#26     Sep 26, 2007
  7. cstfx

cstfx

I'm thinking a bucket shop called mg.

#27     Sep 27, 2007
  8. Paliz

Paliz

Here you are again trying to accuse me of what you do, why do you dislike me so much? Does it bother you so much for me to complain about what happened between me and IB? Or is it that you have nothing else to do?

#28     Sep 27, 2007