Is Shark traders really bankrupt of its a scam?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by black_trader, Mar 3, 2018.

1. i haven't received any email from the company since i last made this thread. I don't even know how else to contact them.. No organisation to report them to. It's unreal.

#31     Apr 10, 2018
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Are you able to trade with them if you have already opened an account with them? And if they are a brokerage firm, they are supposed to be regulated by SEC, FINRA, be a member of SIPC, a whole bunch of financial regulatory bodies in USA.

To me, this email sounds fishy.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    #32     Apr 10, 2018
  3. Any update?

#33     Apr 20, 2018
  4. FSU

FSU

The domain, sharktraders.com is showing "expired as of 4/9". Probably not a good sign.

#34     Apr 20, 2018
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  5. Iamira

Iamira

:mad:these bastards did go bankrupt and i lost a lot of money due to it! heart is broken and so insecure of which broker to trust since then because any of them can go bust anytime!

#35     Apr 25, 2018
  6. Iamira

Iamira

i was a victim of these shark trader scam!!!!

#36     Apr 25, 2018
  7. TRD879

TRD879

Sorry to hear that, the truth is that this has happened many times in the past with other prop firms. It's not like it was back in the heyday of prop trading during the dot com bubble, I'm not sure this stuff is worth the risk these days. I just trade futures now, plenty of leverage there if you want it, lower monthly fees, lower commissions, and 100% payout to your own personal account. All regulated and onshore in the US too, there are a number of firms. Somewhat harder to trade than stocks, but worth it... I'll never put money in a prop firm again, dodged a bullet with this one. The business model appears to be "Give us your money and trust that we won't run off with it, because, well, we said so." No thanks.

#37     May 1, 2018
  8. bramnil

bramnil

I hear these kinds of stories from colleagues all the time. Many fall for some "attractive rates" that those prop shops provide forgetting that these firms operate without any licence and can do whatever they want. I learnt my lesson with another prop firm similar to Shark. Even though I never traded with Shark Traders and don't know much about them, they always seemed dodgy to me.

#38     Aug 9, 2018
    MichTrade and bukowski like this.
  9. bramnil

bramnil

i've been trading with a broker called Alaric Securities (https://alarictrader.com/) for over 2 years now. Haven't encountered any issues with trading/money transfers. They provide separate and better rates & leverage if you're a pro or have a group of traders. The payout is 100% cuz they're a licensed broker not a prop firm. Your account is considered a "client account" unlike in prop firms, where your account and money is part of their group.

#39     Aug 9, 2018
    MichTrade and bukowski like this.
  10. traderjo

traderjo

so this is a std Equity/ Option broker ?
    Based in Bulgaria! so what client money protection you get? Unlike in USA it is SIPC

#40     Aug 9, 2018