Is Shark traders really bankrupt of its a scam?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by black_trader, Mar 3, 2018.

1. day trade the world

#21     Mar 6, 2018
  2. Xela

Xela

If it's relevant, Google is still displaying Shark Traders ads ("Adsense") today, and there's no mention of what's discussed above on Shark Trading's website.

I was wondering if anyone has checked out the IP number of the email they received (seems easy and quick enough to do)?

#22     Mar 7, 2018
  3. TRD879

TRD879

Given the fact that (a) They are not responding at all to Skype messages, and (b) they are not responding to emails, I would say that the situation is real and they have shut down. My account has a zero balance so I can't log in and check, but maybe someone else can see if they can log in and actually place a small trade. I doubt it will work, and there's your answer.

#23     Mar 7, 2018
  4. Xela

Xela

But not an answer to the (perhaps more important) question of whether the email is genuine.

Respectfully, I think you may be missing the point that if they have gone under, that would be a very good opportunity for a fraudster to send out "spoofed" emails to collect people's bank details. I'm simply advising people to do their own research, not make assumptions, and take the utmost care over disclosing their bank details.

#24     Mar 7, 2018
  5. TRD879

TRD879

Good advice in general... I wouldn't send any details until I actually had contact with them just to be safe. Still, it's probably a genuine email. Although I'm not sure what good it will do, I doubt anyone will be getting much money back. If anyone has any luck talking to them you can post in this thread, I'd be curious to learn what is going on even though it doesn't affect me at this point.

#25     Mar 7, 2018
    JSOP likes this.
  6. ellyon66

ellyon66

so black_trader whats the outcome with sharp traders, I was going to join at the end of the month.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    #26     Mar 11, 2018
  7. ellyon66

ellyon66

so black_trader, whats the final outcome regarding shark traders. was going to make a deposit at the end of the month.

#27     Mar 11, 2018
  8. TRD879

TRD879

You are insane if you send these guys any money after what you have just read on this thread. They haven't answered emails or skype messages, and you have two people who told you that they received emails from them saying that they are not accepting traders any more, one email saying that they are bankrupt. Sending money in there is like throwing it into a black hole at this point, I would count myself lucky that I hadn't sent money in already if I were you.

#28     Mar 11, 2018
  9. TRD879

TRD879

So, I guess nobody has heard anything from these guys then I take it? Their website is still up. Kind of scary how a firm can just take all your money and disappear without a trace. How can it even be proved that it was all due to a bad trade and they didn't just run away with it all? This kind of thing is why I only trade futures now. lol

#29     Apr 9, 2018
  10. JSOP

JSOP

This is very strange as their website is still operating https://sharktraders.com/ and everything still appears live and well. The support email address seems to be correct as it is the same that appeared on their website support@sharktraders.com. But if they are indeed bankrupt, the company would be placed in receivership and an administrator would be usually appointed either by the court or the financial regulator to handle the liquidation and all your account information as well as your banking detail would be all forwarded to the administrator to process the return of the money back to you; it wouldn't be the company themselves who would be handling this. And even if the company is handling the withdrawal request, they wouldn't need you to provide banking details all in an insecure format via email too because they would already have them on file when you made the deposit with them.

I would be more careful in providing banking details over an email to anybody.

#30     Apr 10, 2018